Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seasonal depression setting in already...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

Here it is only October, and already I am feeling "the blues" setting in. I should be excited as I am getting married in 3 weeks, but he works out of town and is away, and doesn't seem to want to talk about it at all whenever we get a chance to talk on the phone. We're broke as heck, so we're just having a courthouse "wedding", I just had a tooth pulled yesterday, it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow ALREADY and everything just seems to be falling apart at once. On top of that, all I seem to want to do is sleep! I can't get on anti-depressants cuz I have no insurance, so if ya'all know of any natural over-the-counter suggestions that may help, I would really appreciate it. All I wanna do is cry when this should be the happiest time of my life. (I've never been married before and I'm almost 36).  I really hate feeling this way, and it's not good for my kids either to see me like this. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I get it too, mine started about 2 weeks ago, its the light change.

If you have a dr (or access to one) ask about SAD treatment. THe light boxes do help and as bad as it is..so do tanning booths. A minute or two a day and BOOM its at least managable

*hug* and congrats on your marriage!

MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this

ST JOHNS WORT helps with mild depression, Omega 3, Vitamin D and also iron also help with depression and low energy.  You should think about moving down to Florida--often sunny, no snow and I just went swimming with my daughters yesterday in our pool!  Mid to high 80s!  I like that its gets cooler these months since normally it would be in the 90s rather than the 80s.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day!

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM

where are you that has snow on October 3rd?

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
Kermitthemom23
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM
1 mom liked this
As above
Also niacin is said to help. Gotta take a fairly high dose
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM

Quoting squeekers:

where are you that has snow on October 3rd?

Western Minnesota! lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM
Ik what u goin threw i been soo depressed to im 19 hav a daughter and another on the way and married and he went back to texas bkuz of hys mom and im in ny his fone b off most of the time and when its on he dont pick up :[ he was married b4 and hys ex wife is down there and the only think i about is him cheatin....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

ST JOHNS WORT helps with mild depression, Omega 3, Vitamin D and also iron also help with depression and low energy.  You should think about moving down to Florida--often sunny, no snow and I just went swimming with my daughters yesterday in our pool!  Mid to high 80s!  I like that its gets cooler these months since normally it would be in the 90s rather than the 80s.  It was a BEAUTIFUL day!

Thanks! I actually believe I have some Niacin around somewhere here in my house. I'll have to find it and start taking it, and also some vitamin B from before. I had forgot about that! It's been about 3 years since I have been affected by this, so it kinda surprised me when I put it all together and recognized it for what it was. 

luvhubandbabys
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
Light box works wonders
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittani
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm depressed cause it dosent snow where I live. Wanna trade. I'm moving back in a few months though so I'm happy. Yayayay snow
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:37 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Thanks! I actually believe I have some Niacin around somewhere here in my house. I'll have to find it and start taking it, and also some vitamin B from before. I had forgot about that! It's been about 3 years since I have been affected by this, so it kinda surprised me when I put it all together and recognized it for what it was. 

Yeah I forgot to mention B12 also helps with energy.  Check the dosage on Niacin because I think I saw on Doctor OZ that you can take too much of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN