Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't think I've ever felt so much disgust for another person

Posted by   + Show Post
Two words: Mitt Romney

What kind of sick bastard wants to get rid of big bird and Elmo?! Wtf is wrong in that man's head?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Replies (141-150):
CadincesMom
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:18 PM

He didn't say that he wants to get rid of Big Bird or Elmo...he said that he would stop the federal government subsidy for PBS...if people want to keep PBS going then they should support it...I have never understood why the government pays anthing to PBS anyway

PinkTigerLily
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Quoting fallnangel3:

I didn't see the debate and i don't know what Romney said about PBS or Big Bird but as for the cutting if 0.012% of the budget...I think what this poster is trying to say is if we cut a dozen or so of the smaller programs it does make a difference. Not enough to get us out if debt, but it's like gas station runs. Spending a couple if dollars in soda, or coffee, or a pack of gum adds up. If you cut those small expenditures you find that you have saved the money needed to pay a cable bill or phone bill. I think that was the point that she was trying to make.
incognito116
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:19 PM

With all the money he makes from selling his t shirts and stuffed self, Big Bird can afford to pay his own way.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 28 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM

He's a stupid ass. 

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:21 PM

He says to lower the countries debt by cutting out things that we really don't need, like funding tv programs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao. Why does romney want to get rid of big beard? Wtf? I dont get what pbs has to do with anything

LucyHarper
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:24 PM

I am not a Romney supporter, but to be fair, he has a point on that. He's not getting rid of big bird, he is just cutting government funding on it, it is funded by other sources and with the amount of revenue sesame street brings in, they won't have a problem keeping it on air. The countries in debt, he was just saying we shouldnt fund things that aren't necessities, like tv shows, and stick to things that are.

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Please tell me you are joking....

Wifeyy2Lette
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Burt and Erney. That makes me so sad!!
Fuck that guy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
svolkov
by Emerald Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Lmbo my 3 year old is terrified of big bird

Quoting my3makemehappy:

lmao! Who would want to get rid of big bird?! loved him as a kid! =-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by The Enzyme Helicase on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:25 PM
I never joke.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Please tell me you are joking....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)