Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I don't think I've ever felt so much disgust for another person

Posted by   + Show Post
Two words: Mitt Romney

What kind of sick bastard wants to get rid of big bird and Elmo?! Wtf is wrong in that man's head?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Replies (161-170):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:49 PM
People do realize technically PBS is against the constitution, right? The constitution says that no tax payers money will be used to fund tv. So there, PBS shouldn't even be funded by the government to begin with!
They can find donations or sponsors or whatever else to stay on the air but I agree with Romney, if its not worth the money, the government get rif of it.
PinkTigerLily
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:54 PM
Quoting fallnangel3:

Like I said, I didn't get a chance to watch the debate so I don't know what all was laid out. I do believe smaller budget cuts should be made, but overall I think Romney is an idiot and I can't stand him.
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

People do realize technically PBS is against the constitution, right? The constitution says that no tax payers money will be used to fund tv. So there, PBS shouldn't even be funded by the government to begin with!
They can find donations or sponsors or whatever else to stay on the air but I agree with Romney, if its not worth the money, the government get rif of it.

I'm not a huge Romney fan, but your right here.  Tax money should not be funding public television.  If the public wants PBS, then the funding should come through Private donations.  I may not agree with Romney on several points, but this one I do.  Besides that, I would prefer that tax money be spent where it is needed, like our education system.  TV should not be teaching our children.  

jas_momof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this

These two exactly.  I think it's funny when people think Romney wants to shut down PBS.  He just doesn't want the government to pay for it.  No big deal there - it's supposed to be "funded by viewers like you" anyway...

smh...

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not a huge Romney fan, but your right here.  Tax money should not be funding public television.  If the public wants PBS, then the funding should come through Private donations.  I may not agree with Romney on several points, but this one I do.  Besides that, I would prefer that tax money be spent where it is needed, like our education system.  TV should not be teaching our children.  

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
daughteroftruth
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 1:08 PM
1 mom liked this

Its just being blown out of proportion.  I wish both sides would stop the damn mud slinging and twisting of words.  I know that in my generation, that this may be the most crucial election we have had to go through so far.  Instead of people taking it seriously, its the same old crap as always, people have drawn their lines and instead of listening and actually taking in what is being said they are just set on proving the "other side" wrong.  I watched the debate, no where did he say "lets get rid of PBS, down with big bird!!"... no, he made a very valid point that tax money should not be going to public television, especially right now, we have to face reality that cuts HAVE to be made.  Why are tax dollars funding tv, when our schools are left to suffer?  

All this being said, I am a liberal.  I would not consider myself a conservative, but damn, people use some common sense.  

Quoting jas_momof2:

These two exactly.  I think it's funny when people think Romney wants to shut down PBS.  He just doesn't want the government to pay for it.  No big deal there - it's supposed to be "funded by viewers like you" anyway...

smh...

Quoting daughteroftruth:

Quoting Anonymous:

fallnangel3
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:48 PM
I agree that he's an idiot lol

Quoting PinkTigerLily:

Quoting fallnangel3:

Like I said, I didn't get a chance to watch the debate so I don't know what all was laid out. I do believe smaller budget cuts should be made, but overall I think Romney is an idiot and I can't stand him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
erica7227
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:49 PM
Guess you didn't watch the debate... Or read the papers...

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao. Why does romney want to get rid of big beard? Wtf? I dont get what pbs has to do with anything

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fallnangel3
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Actually a seperate organization gets the federal grant. They then give funding to several public stations. PBS only recieves 5% of their budget from the organization.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
winkyloafer
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Mitt Romney needs to see Snakes on a Plane so he knows why we don't open the windows on a plane. What a nut.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN