Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are YOU Better Off Now than Four Years Ago?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not....nothing as changed at all.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Replies (11-20):
MrsMommyErika
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:21 AM
yes!! four years ago i was in college. I'm now graduated, married, i have my own house, and me and dh both make realy good money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aslen
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM
6 moms liked this
Very much so. Voting for Obama again. And I get zero pa. Imagine that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Candymonster
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM

yes

b.futlz
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM
Yes a lot better now
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Yes. The property values in our neighborhoods went back up enough that the houses that had been sitting for 2 years are now sold, which means people are comfortable enough financially to purchase.

DH's stocks (401K) are finally rising again. We didn't lose too much in the market crash but we did lose some.

So, yes. It may not be deposited directly into our bank account but we, as a country, are doing much better.

catchup29
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Yes I am, but that is due to the fact that 4 years ago I had a chronically ill child and I was not married.  Now My daughter is better and I"m married, but we are still sort of struggling.  I am also left with $32,000 in medical bills that I have to pay.  That is after insurance paid.  Something I am hoping under the full implementation of the Healthcare Reform, no other parent has to face.  

Obama will be getting my vote. 

deadlights86
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Financially no but we went from being in a 1 bedroom apartment with dh 2 kids and one on the way to a 3 bedroom 2 bath house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM

No I am a teacher and haven't had a raise in four years because of cuts in funding. Thank goodness for dh's income. Expenses are much more, insurance much higher, gas much higher. 

LCG83
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:25 AM
Most definitely!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:27 AM

please, tell me how i have benefited from being poor.....i'm still financially in the same place...my job hasn't given me a raise in 5yrs...no i can't get another job..there aren't any.

Quoting Anonymous:

No.  Low income families are they only ones that have benefited financially from the past 4 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)