Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are YOU Better Off Now than Four Years Ago?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not....nothing as changed at all.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM

umm we have more in savings but everything else is the same. i am however 100% better off then i was 7 years ago. :) 

eastcoastmama11
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:37 AM
5 moms liked this

I absolutely am.

I find it ironic that those who jump on the bandwagon with Romney 47% BS are the first ones to say "No!! I'm not better, Obama has made everything worse!". What happened to that..'take responsibilty for yourself' stance?

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Definitely. 4 years ago I was unemployed after making the decision to close my business. It was considered a luxury service and people had to make cuts somewhere. Almost 2 years ago I started freelance bookkeeping for a small business. It turned in to a full time job where I am a key employee and have experienced 3 raises. The company itself went from a 3 person operation to creating 10 full time jobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aamy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Yes, very much so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM

I still have a long road ahead of me but I am better off with the exception of one thing. fours years ago, My Dad was still alive. Yesterday marked the third anniversary of his death.

brittany208
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM

Yes, but I don't think its because of the government. Four years ago when we got married we had nothing but a baby in the belly. Through working hard and saving the little we could, we are slowly but surely building up a solid life for ourselves. DH still works at the same company and makes a little more, not a ton more. I've just worked part-time off and on by choice.

rwblake2011
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Financially no, but mentally our home is a positive yes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
my_babies_n_me
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM
We are, financially. My husband has a better job, with better benefits. I also started working 30-35 hours a week at a local store. I didn't have to, but I feel better when I contribute financially to our family, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM

Yes, we had no job prospects at all. Dh and I both graduated in 2006. He had a teaching degree and I was going into journalism. Neither of us could find jobs. I stayed with Wal-Mart for three years and DH substituted until he could find a job.

He found a job. The school laid him off the following summer. I continued to work at Wal-Mart. I felt like complete shit because I was not using my degree.

DH felt like shit because he used his degree, but then was laid off and was collecting unemployment and trying to find a job tutoring. He was back to substituting again.

I eventually just went back to school for my Master's degree. I got the job I ahve now in  2010. <3.

brittany208
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:42 AM

I am not one of those people. I believe we are going to work hard and do the best we can under any president. But maybe their point is--and either side could say this--that working hard can mean working VERY hard with the wrong president/policies in place. They still work, but certain policies might make life more difficult.

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

I absolutely am.

I find it ironic that those who jump on the bandwagon with Romney 47% BS are the first ones to say "No!! I'm not better, Obama has made everything worse!". What happened to that..'take responsibilty for yourself' stance?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN