Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are YOU Better Off Now than Four Years Ago?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not....nothing as changed at all.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Replies (41-50):
karla85
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:43 AM
Yes we are
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:43 AM

yep

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, much better. My husband obtained his journeyman electrician status and is making 5x what we were making four years ago (with me working). I am currently enjoying free medical care and in my tenth month of paid maternity leave. 40% of our income goes to taxes to pay for our social programs, but it's worth it. Can you guess I am talking about Canada, and not the US? ;)

Love my American neighbours, but a happy Canuck I'll remain :)
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:44 AM

Not really. The only thing that has changed is I go to school and my SO has a better paying job. Other than that, we still live with family, still need PA.....fml

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:44 AM
Financially no, my situation is way worse. My business is not thriving, and I need a second job. Applying for everything and anything, but not getting any interviews. I used to have zero trouble finding a job.

The only good thing in the past 4 years, is that my dd and I were able to move out of my parents house, into our own apartment. But as a single mom, I'm struggling very badly.
GagaNTattooS
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:45 AM
Our income went up but I'm loosing my house so no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM
I am...4 years ago I was a waitress and a single mom. Now I'm married and I'm a nurse. Life is much better now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM
In 2008 we were living in Chicago making 85k combined income.

Now we are in MN and making 50k, I feel like we have more money now because we have less bills and actually learned how to BUDGET.

As far as the president goes, nothing he has done has effected me personally. Everything I have now I earned myself. I own a small business, he doesn't want to give me his help and I don't want it!!!
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM

What makes you think we don't take responsibility for ourselves?  Just because we are dissatisfied with our government and the way it has negatively impacted our financial status, doesn't mean we are not holding it together on our own and taking care of business.

Quoting eastcoastmama11:

I absolutely am.

I find it ironic that those who jump on the bandwagon with Romney 47% BS are the first ones to say "No!! I'm not better, Obama has made everything worse!". What happened to that..'take responsibilty for yourself' stance?

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Yes, I make twice what I did four years ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)