Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Are YOU Better Off Now than Four Years Ago?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I am not....nothing as changed at all.  

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:16 AM
Replies (641-647):
kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:25 AM
Wors. We couldn't afford the government mandated insurance so now we have none. Before Obama, we had great insurance.
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:29 AM

Yep. Four years ago I was still looking for a job. I'd relocated to get away from an ex when the police wouldn't help me. It was spur of the moment due to changing circumstances (for the worse). 

Today I am an assistant manager at an adult foster home. I live in a nice home of MY choosing (rather than whatever I could get into when I first moved here). On top of that, I now have my beautiful 7 month old daughter.

Things could be better. That I won't deny. But things have been worse, so I'm okay about it. I'm also working towards my goals to make my situation even better.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:35 AM

This makes me sad. :(

I believe EVERYBODY should have health insurance. Not by force but rather because it's affordable. I hate that an ambulance trip to a hospital 2 miles away can cost anywhere from $290 to $480 , and that's just with Medicare- and just an example.

I hope things improve for you and everybody in your situation.

Quoting kailu1835: Wors. We couldn't afford the government mandated insurance so now we have none. Before Obama, we had great insurance.

polkastria
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:40 AM

Yes we are. All of us have insurance now and my husband got a few nice raises to make things even better. We just moved to a new apartment in a better neighborhood as well. 

tinybluemoon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:44 AM

God yes.

4 years ago I had three 4 year olds, one with cancer, a 3 year old, and I was working a CEO job. Those were hellish times as the kids were so young that they couldn't really do anything for themselves and each day was kind of on autopilot. I didn't enjoy 2010 at all.

4 kids within 14 months. I don't recommend it for anybody if you actually want to enjoy parenting. 

nothinbutsmiles
by Member on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:47 AM
Four years ago at this time, I was a divorced, single mother of two. Working as a CNA, raising two children on my own, with no help from their father, his family, or my own. I was too proud to seek food stamps or other assistance, and was evicted shortly after the holidays. I was also fresh out of my second abusive (emotionally and psychologically) relationship. I was a very wounded and broken individual.

Currently... Financially, struggling. I am now engaged, and our family has doubled in size. I have a stepson, and a new baby as well. We are not facing homelessness, as I was back then. We are making ends meet, but barely. Once the school year starts I will be returning to work, which will put us back where we "belong".
Emotionally and psychologically... I am happier and more secure than I have been since I was in middle school. That's worth more than any bank statement, so yes... I am better off.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 160 on Jul. 21, 2014 at 3:58 AM

Absolutely :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)