Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Rant... Temporary Tattoos vs. High Heels (2nd grade)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

My son is seven, he's in the second grade, He LOVES temporary tattoos. There are some times where he has up to nine on him at one time. (today in fact, all freshly done too.) He's been doing good in school, he's bring home the color green, *best color*, bringing home good grades, doing what he should do ect. ect. ect. So at the end of two weeks when my husband gets paid, we reward him with something little, or something big *at the end of the month if he brings home all greens* last week it was the tattoos, I really don't see the big deal. Its whatever.

Or so I thought......

A parent in his class told me that he's vulgar looking. DO WHAT? He's clean, fresh smelling (he loves wearing axe, and using the axe, and doesn't over do it.) He has on clean clothes, very well mannered, ect ect. I just smile and tell her, well that's why he's my son and not yours. & go to move on. 

Then, a girl I normally see in my son's class, whom I've shook my head at a few times walks in behind her. She's in a mini skirt, bright pink hair and HIGH HEELS. (I've never seen this little girl in anything but high heels. & I'm not talkin about the cowboy boots which is popular with the children in my sons school) I'm talking lace up around the leg summer time high heels!!!! in the second grade. 

I surprisingly keep my mouth shut, because to each there own, live and let live. I don't think that anyone has the right to tell any other mother/father how to dress their child. I might disagree with how they are being dressed but its not my child...... But I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that my son is vulgar, but her daughter dressed like that isn't????

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3kidz123
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:54 AM
1 mom liked this

um...my son wear tattoos and he's 5. He just likes them and they are harmless. Now if my daughter wants to dress sexier than i do, thats a no no. The hair die is ok I guess but the rest? Hell No!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:56 AM

Hair dye doesn't bother me at all. Its the mini skirt and high heels that make me go WTF?????

bunnywzrd
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:57 AM

My daughter wears tattoos and she is 5. No one has ever said anything to me. A 7 year old should nut be wearing heels. Not only does it seem kinda wrong it could cause her major health problems later on.

andersongirl562
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:58 AM
At my kids school both would not be allowed. We are raising gentlemen and young ladies lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM
2 moms liked this

I haz solution. You judge her, she judges you. JUDGEY JUDGEY ALL AROUND. We're even stephens.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Too dang small to read on mobile, sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:00 AM

My son's been wearing temp. Tattoos since he was a baby. I mean six months old. (Long story short I did a punk theme for him one day, little fohawk, and all, and the doctors office felt that he needed a tattoo to go with the look.) No one has ever said anything. There's time where he wears up to 14/15 of these tattoos. And I mean I know thats over kill, but its not often and its not hurting anyone.

but the HIGH HEELS? I can't get over it. Second grade and High heels

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM
My son likes tattoos too, & if he was good & thats the reward he chose, so what, & the other thing, my 2 y/o walks around in her play heels & my heels all day. I sometimes let her wear them out b/c she wants to. (her play ones not mine) so now is my 2 y/o vulgar b/c she likes to wear her little heels?
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:10 AM

No shes not. You really need to read what I wrote, and then maybe understand the point I was making... 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd be more offended he was wearing Axe in a classroom (because I hate to smell it).  I agree the tats are harmless..........BUT it makes me cringe when I see the little girls in the mini skirts and heels. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)