Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cheerleaders take stand on religion

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 582 Replies
1 mom liked this
Apparently they put things on their banners like if God is for us, who can break us..

The football team runs through it.

A orginzation called freedom from religion complained and the school superintendent made them stop.

The girls say its not school sponsored, cheerleaders create their own banners and they got the ideas from pinterest

Today it goes to the state supreme court.

The girls want to be able to continue to make whatever banner they want

Should they be able to? Or should the organization win and have the banners mentioning God continue to be banned?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
safi
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:22 AM
47 moms liked this
Cuz dressing in mini skirts and jumping around Shaking their asses in front of a bunch of men and puberty crazed boys is totally Godly. Smdh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM
13 moms liked this

They should be banned, unless this is specifically a church-sponsored event. If it's not through a church and they had those banners, I would not attend - just for the moral of it. They have no right to push religion on anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm I don't know, but I think it's a bad idea anyway. I'm sure not every player and cheerleader is Christian.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:24 AM
1 mom liked this
But the school allows the cheerleaders to make their own banners.

And the town is 2000 big. No one really was bothered by it until this organization got involved.

Quoting Anonymous:

They should be banned, unless this is specifically a church-sponsored event. If it's not through a church and they had those banners, I would not attend - just for the moral of it. They have no right to push religion on anyone.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
16 moms liked this
Cheerleaders can't have faith? That's dumb.

Quoting safi:

Cuz dressing in mini skirts and jumping around Shaking their asses in front of a bunch of men and puberty crazed boys is totally Godly. Smdh

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
14 moms liked this

I don't think that they should be able to put God on the banners. I am a believer that religion should be kept out of public schools. In a public school you have many children with many different religions attending. I feel that if one group is allowed to promote their particular religion it could be considered discriminatory against other religions.

For the record I am a Christian.

owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:25 AM
8 moms liked this
It shouldn't be displayed on school grounds since it's a public school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newmom8912
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:26 AM
6 moms liked this
I don't see why they can't do it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
m0m23b0ys458
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:26 AM
16 moms liked this

IDK,but I'm thankful I live in a small town,where people have more important things to do than wonder what religion a kid is.My son's coaches pray with the team before every game,have for the last two years,and guess what?Nobody says a damn word!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM
9 moms liked this
Preach the word of God then go suck off the football team.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured