Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cheerleaders take stand on religion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Apparently they put things on their banners like if God is for us, who can break us..

The football team runs through it.

A orginzation called freedom from religion complained and the school superintendent made them stop.

The girls say its not school sponsored, cheerleaders create their own banners and they got the ideas from pinterest

Today it goes to the state supreme court.

The girls want to be able to continue to make whatever banner they want

Should they be able to? Or should the organization win and have the banners mentioning God continue to be banned?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:31 AM
5 moms liked this
What's the big deal? It's a freaking banner!!! These "freedom from religion" groups are seriously pissing me off, you don't want religion, fine,.dont, but don't tell me I cant have mine, I dont put stipulations on you NOT having religion so dont put a stipulation on where I get to have mine. You want your freedom FROM religion and I want my freedom TO it.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this
Sorry I can't help you out if you didn't understand the first time lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see the irony at all.

Quoting owl0210:

That's not what she said. It's the irony of the whole thing that's funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cheerleaders can't have faith? That's dumb.

Quoting safi:

Cuz dressing in mini skirts and jumping around Shaking their asses in front of a bunch of men and puberty crazed boys is totally Godly. Smdh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiddycat73
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:33 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol! Um you are aware that Christian schools have cheerleaders too right? They wear the same outfits as public school cheerleaders, and do the same type of routines.

Quoting safi:

Cuz dressing in mini skirts and jumping around Shaking their asses in front of a bunch of men and puberty crazed boys is totally Godly. Smdh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:34 AM
I never asked you to help me.

Quoting owl0210:

Sorry I can't help you out if you didn't understand the first time lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't see the irony at all.

Quoting owl0210:

That's not what she said. It's the irony of the whole thing that's funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Cheerleaders can't have faith? That's dumb.

Quoting safi:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:35 AM
1 mom liked this
How so?

Because they're cheerleaders?

Quoting RitaTequila531:

It's kind of hypocritical of them.

PerfectVirgo
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:36 AM
3 moms liked this

I say leave them alone.

FREEDOM OF RELIGION  not FREEDOM FROM RELIGION

RitaTequila531
by *JuStRITa* on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Hey sorry, I deleted my comment a second before I saw that you quoted me. I started thinking about the issue and changed my mind.
Good day! :0)

Quoting Anonymous:

How so?

Because they're cheerleaders?

Quoting RitaTequila531:

It's kind of hypocritical of them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM
5 moms liked this
Religion shouldn't be in non religion based schools. Not everyone believes in the same faith. Let them put "Go With Allah" and see how far that goes.
OttawaHoney
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
The world consists of many religions. You are aware there are also Jewish schools, where the short skirts and dancing routines would be considered contrary to religion but there will be religious proclamations, Muslim schools similar to the Jewish schools, probably other religions as well and secular schools, like this public school, that shouldn't have any religious representation at all by those in uniform representing it.

Quoting kiddycat73:

Lol! Um you are aware that Christian schools have cheerleaders too right? They wear the same outfits as public school cheerleaders, and do the same type of routines.

Quoting safi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shideem
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:44 AM
3 moms liked this
If the cheerleaders want to show their faith then that is fine by me. I do not feel that that is pushing their religion on anyone it is just showing what their religion is. They have the right to that freedom too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)