Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

cheerleaders take stand on religion

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Apparently they put things on their banners like if God is for us, who can break us..

The football team runs through it.

A orginzation called freedom from religion complained and the school superintendent made them stop.

The girls say its not school sponsored, cheerleaders create their own banners and they got the ideas from pinterest

Today it goes to the state supreme court.

The girls want to be able to continue to make whatever banner they want

Should they be able to? Or should the organization win and have the banners mentioning God continue to be banned?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (31-40):
Aislinn
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting safi:

Cuz dressing in mini skirts and jumping around Shaking their asses in front of a bunch of men and puberty crazed boys is totally Godly. Smdh

LMAO You took the words right out of my mouth....

safi
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM
Does not change my opinion

Quoting kiddycat73:

Lol! Um you are aware that Christian schools have cheerleaders too right? They wear the same outfits as public school cheerleaders, and do the same type of routines.

Quoting safi:

Cuz dressing in mini skirts and jumping around Shaking their asses in front of a bunch of men and puberty crazed boys is totally Godly. Smdh

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
crazymom21
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:46 AM
2 moms liked this
Totally agreed and I'm sick of so many Christians just rolling over and let them have their way. I think the seperation of church and state has been severely twisted. I'm brushing up on the constitution and bill of rights. It's been too long since I learned anything about them.

Quoting Anonymous:

What's the big deal? It's a freaking banner!!! These "freedom from religion" groups are seriously pissing me off, you don't want religion, fine,.dont, but don't tell me I cant have mine, I dont put stipulations on you NOT having religion so dont put a stipulation on where I get to have mine. You want your freedom FROM religion and I want my freedom TO it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:47 AM
This!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think that they should be able to put God on the banners. I am a believer that religion should be kept out of public schools. In a public school you have many children with many different religions attending. I feel that if one group is allowed to promote their particular religion it could be considered discriminatory against other religions.

For the record I am a Christian.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
safi
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Not quite what i said. People of faith can certainly still sin. Dont we all

Quoting Anonymous:

Cheerleaders can't have faith? That's dumb.

Quoting safi:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maureen813
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM
Quoting safi:

My fourteen year ok'd daughter is a cheerleader at a local private catholic school and her outfit covers everything and the cheers are quite modest and respectable or I and my husband would never let her join in the first place.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:49 AM

My kids go to a private Catholic school, for just this reason, you don't like our God, too bad!

Cookie-kisses
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I think it would be fine if they would accept a  banner that said things about there not being a god as well. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM
Lmfao

Quoting Anonymous:

Preach the word of God then go suck off the football team.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:55 AM
EXACTLY! They are so incredibly hypocritical, every chance they get they are trying to take our rights away while there bitching about there own. A banner isn't forcing religion on anyone, they are being butt heads just because they can. They remind me of a child who got away with something a couple times and now think they rule the roost kwim?

Quoting crazymom21:

Totally agreed and I'm sick of so many Christians just rolling over and let them have their way. I think the seperation of church and state has been severely twisted. I'm brushing up on the constitution and bill of rights. It's been too long since I learned anything about them.

Quoting Anonymous:

What's the big deal? It's a freaking banner!!! These "freedom from religion" groups are seriously pissing me off, you don't want religion, fine,.dont, but don't tell me I cant have mine, I dont put stipulations on you NOT having religion so dont put a stipulation on where I get to have mine. You want your freedom FROM religion and I want my freedom TO it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN