Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you... Edited!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Would you endure major pain to breastfeed your baby? If yes then for how long? And I mean alot more than discomfort, I mean tears streaming pain.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
redneckmama4
by Loree on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM
I did. With our first I was clueless and my girls paid for it...bloody nips, cracks, engorged. But I kept at it and they got better.

Best advice I received was with our second from a nurse. She told me to express some milk after I was done feedin and rub it around the nips and let it air dry. Worked wonders:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GirlWSemiAuto
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Yes. I did. I'm very glad I did. Once I finally corrected ds' latch issue at about three months it was untimely better. But there were times I would cry through his feedings because there was so much pain. It was worth it in the end.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnjalisMommy07
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Yes. Idk how long. I just told myself take it a day ata a time. Finally at 3 months it was better.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NunezMom
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Yes I did for 3 months..I hated every minute of it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nramey
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
My breast milk was bloody from an infection and I still did. It was painful but worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Yes! I have been there bloody nipples and all!
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM

yeah, I would.  Eventually the skin toughens up and it doesn't hurt so bad. I would nurse for about a year.  But that is me. I would never tell another woman that they should or shouldn't when it comes to nursing.  

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM
Yes, and I have...raw nipples and clogged duct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabiiYarellie
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Eh.... :/ naw. I cant walk around without a shirt all day because clthing my breast with a bra/shiry is too painful. Plus with her dad thinking every cry means she wants to eat would make it impossible. My nipples would fall off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vanityrayne
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM
Yes. I've been fighting for 2 months w my second DD. :) still bfing. I'm constantly bruised,had cracked and bleeding nipples but I've pushed through it. Nothing against ff!! I had to with my first. Wasn't a choice. But we are going strong still and I'm not even thinking of formula this time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN