Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for Obama supporters.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do YOU support Obama?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting mariesmama:

because romney wants to cut funding for education and pbs both very important for my speech delayed 3 yr old

Um. My son was speech delayed also, PBS isn't going to help your son. Actually sitting down and playing and interacting is the BEST way to help your son also speech therapy where your child will be engaged fully and not just one sided as the tv can't talk back is better for your son. PBS is not a learning tool.

nikabear
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
2 moms liked this
Because he is the man!!! And he took on a job and a mess that took bush eight years to create.....yet yall wanted it cleared in four!!! He did what he was suppose to do and allowed mitt to make an ass out of himself.......he spewed lies and hate.....but yall say he did great because he was aggressive....um no he was aggressive and rude, no respect for the rules........and President Obama was calm, cool and collected.....never take that for a weakness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
3 moms liked this

Because I stand by what he is standing for more than Romney. I support Obama and his plans for America, not all of them but much more than I support Romney's plan. If I even knew how Romney planed to execute his plan as every time I have seen him asked about it, he has danced around and not given a straight answer.

I see Obama as a real American who is fighting for everyone.

I see Romney as a politician looking out for the 1% and not caring about Americans as a whole but more of levels of Americans. Where many levels he seems to what to right off as not important.

I could go on but I think Ive said enough

Ireallydontcare
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Well if I am a moron, can I call you an idiot?

I would prefer to have a civil debate and not resort to name calling. That is a silly way to get your point across.

Quoting Momniscient:

Because conservatives are morons.

Meh. I support Obama for a number of reasons. Most of them social.
Romney isn't an all star and he doesn't have what it take in my eyes to be the social leader we need.

Mrs.DebB
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
4 moms liked this
I am voting for Obama for many reasons, but here are a few:

I agree with the "Buffet Rule".
I am pro-choice.
I do not agree with abstinence-only sex education.
I am pro-marriage equality and equality in general, including pay equality for women.
I am in favor of universal healthcare.
I am not in favor of turning Medicare into a voucher system.
I am in favor of strengthening social programs.
I am in favor of improving education by increasing teachers and funding.
I am in favor of reducing the cost and increasing the accessibility of higher education.
I am in favor of protecting religious freedom.

That's what I could come up with off the top of my head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:14 AM
1 mom liked this
Overall....I'm a democrat, I'm liberal, and I share most of the same views as President Obama. I think he has done a great job as President, and am thankful for the things he has done. I also love what kind of husband and father he is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Respectfully disagreeing with people seems to be a thing of the past nowadays, especially on CM. So thanks :)

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

I ABSOLUTELY disagree with every thing that you just said; however, I am impressed with your presentation. You have thought it out. You certainly seem educated on your facts. Good for you. I am sad to say I don't see that often here.

Quoting nerdymom28:

I find it funny that you're calling out Obama supporters for not answering your question....4 minutes after you make the post. Give it some time dear, I'm sure you'll get hundreds of valid answers to your question.

As for me, I am a Democrat. I am pro-choice and pro gay marriage.. I believe in the "Buffet Rule" and building social programs, and I agree with his stance on gun control. I could go on forever, but suffice it to say that I agree with Obama on every major issue. And I think Obama is a good president. He needs another 4 years to accomplish what he set out to do.

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:15 AM

Funding for PBS programs comes from a variety of sources - member stations' dues, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, government agencies, foundations, corporations and private citizens.

"This program is brought to you by the Corporation for Public Broadcasting and Viewers Like You."

The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) is a non-profit corporation created by an act of the United States Congress and funded by the United States federal government to promote public broadcasting.

Why do you think they mention the CPB first?

Quoting Anonymous:

PBS is supposed to be funded by viewers like you. That is what they say...I see no problems taking PBS away. Oh no, my kids can't watch liberal garbage anymore... Must vote Obama over this.

Quoting Anonymous:

You do know most cmers would say television shouldn't be teaching your children, but you should be. I bet many here will sing a new tune since Romney wants to take federal funding for pbs. Lmao sadly, that's all you guys have to cling too for the moment.

Quoting mariesmama:

because romney wants to cut funding for education and pbs both very important for my speech delayed 3 yr old

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JaimieLynn8
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM
3 moms liked this
I also feel he is much more down to earth and easier to connect with on a personal level.
He's been through what a lot of "poor" and "middle class" families have been through/go through. I would rather have someone on my side who has BTDT.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rnchelle93
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this
His position on women's rights, the healthcare bill, his handling of foreign matters, his position on the war in the middle east, his position on education.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)