Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for Obama supporters.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do YOU support Obama?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:02 AM
7 moms liked this

Romney did nothing but FLIP FLOP the entire debate. Everything he said was completely opposite of everything he and his camp has said for the past 18 months. So anything he said last night, probably a big fat LIE.

He had me laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe.

Like Obama said early on in the debate.... Romney's plan now, five weeks before the election is, "never mind". He was as flabbergasted as we were. You could see it on Obama's face. He couldn't believe the BS that was coming out of Romney's face nor could he believe the rudeness that he was displaying. It was pure flippin comedy if you ask me.

Quoting Vampyrechic:

Romey only said this after Obama stated that Romeny did not want to hire more teachers and that he did. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He said he wanted to hire more teachers. How is that cutting spending? Besides, isn't PBS supposed to be funded by viewers like you? Is that the only reason why you are supporting Obama?

Quoting mariesmama:

because romney wants to cut funding for education and pbs both very important for my speech delayed 3 yr old

HIJKLM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM
3 moms liked this
I agree with Obama on subjects like unions, women's rights, gay rights, shipping jobs overseas, education, green energy, and most of Obama Care
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pooobaihr
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:03 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

No wonder your 3 year old has speech problems... SMDH. 

Quoting mariesmama:

simple its awesome when she says anything she can name the entire cast of sesame street

Do you even have a disabled child?

My son is autistic. He his very close to being nonverbal.  The only reason he knows what he does know now is through music.  He watches the kid shows on PBS and has learned a lot from the music they play.

YES, I do my part as a parent, but it often doesn't have much impact because  he's not a "work together with other people" type of child. (Just a shot in the dark, but Im gonna say thats due to his autism) ... -.-

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm a Christian, and yes I believe he respects my beliefs.

My belief is that the Bible directs us to take care of the less of us.

My belief is that the Bible directs us not to judge others (ie LGBT community).

Quoting Anonymous:

Respects people's beliefs? Unless you are a Christian. Am I right?
BTW, No, I am not a christian myself.

Quoting lnrmom:

First of all, you posted this and expected an answer in two minutes (sorry, saw your first post and looked at the time stamp and just... ugh).

I'm voting for Obama because he stands for everything I stand for. I trust that he's not going to take away my rights or my daughters' rights. I trust that we are going to move FORWARD and not BACK. I love that his family is representing us and he doesn't insert foot in mouth and disrespect other countries IN their countries. I love that he respects people's beliefs even if they are not the same as his (ie the LGBT community). I love that he cares for our poor, our sick, our disabled and cares for the "less of us". I love that he has at least tried to work bipartisanly, even though his attempts have been thwarted on multiple occasions. I love that he is working diligently on green energy.

AND I believe Romney to be a lying, rude, crude, unprofessional who couldn't tell the truth if it held a gun to his head. I don't trust him, not even a little bit.

EmilysMom2010
Bump for when I have time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nerdymom28

That is your opinion, and you are totally entitled to that. I, however, respectfully disagree.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes, because he couldn't get a damn thing done (except for a highly questionable healthcare reform that is going to drive this country further into the hole) in his first term.

Quoting nerdymom28:

I find it funny that you're calling out Obama supporters for not answering your question....4 minutes after you make the post. Give it some time dear, I'm sure you'll get hundreds of valid answers to your question.

As for me, I am a Democrat. I am pro-choice and pro gay marriage.. I believe in the "Buffet Rule" and building social programs, and I agree with his stance on gun control. I could go on forever, but suffice it to say that I agree with Obama on every major issue. And I think Obama is a good president. He needs another 4 years to accomplish what he set out to do.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM
4 moms liked this
Except he didn't say that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ms.Pteranodon
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM

"Viewers Like You" LOL

PBS already receives 60% of its funding from private sponsors. They will either have to do budget cuts to work with the money they do get or start taking commercial sponsors like other stations. 

Quoting Luna091306:

Privately sponsored by who?

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

I swear 10 different people have told you how that is NOT true. 

PBS is not going to help your speech delayed 3 year old AND AND PBS is not going to disappear, it will just have commercials and be PRIVATELY SPONSORED. 

Quoting mariesmama:

because romney wants to cut funding for education and pbs both very important for my speech delayed 3 yr old

CafeMom Tickers
Vampyrechic
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:06 AM
2 moms liked this

I agree 100%. And I too laughed when Obama said that Romney's plan is "never mind" Romney came off as very rude and it did not help him. It was a good debate. Both could of done better but there is still two left. 

Quoting lnrmom:

Romney did nothing but FLIP FLOP the entire debate. Everything he said was completely opposite of everything he and his camp has said for the past 18 months. So anything he said last night, probably a big fat LIE.

Like Obama said early on in the debate.... Romney's plan now, five weeks before the election is, "never mind". He was as flabbergasted as we were. You could see it on Obama's face. He couldn't believe the BS that was coming out of Romney's face nor could he believe the rudeness that he was displaying. It was pure flippin comedy if you ask me.

Quoting Vampyrechic:

Romey only said this after Obama stated that Romeny did not want to hire more teachers and that he did. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He said he wanted to hire more teachers. How is that cutting spending? Besides, isn't PBS supposed to be funded by viewers like you? Is that the only reason why you are supporting Obama?

Quoting mariesmama:

lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I think that the next one... round two... will be EPIC. I'm excited.

Quoting Vampyrechic:

I agree 100%. And I too laughed when Obama said that Romney's plan is "never mind" Romney came off as very rude and it did not help him. It was a good debate. Both could of done better but there is still two left. 

Quoting lnrmom:

Quoting Vampyrechic:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mariesmama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured