Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Question for Obama supporters.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Why do YOU support Obama?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM
Replies (61-70):
Ireallydontcare
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:16 AM

Oh wait! I just implied I am anti-gay marriage. I am not. Other than that...I disagree lol.

Quoting nerdymom28:

Respectfully disagreeing with people seems to be a thing of the past nowadays, especially on CM. So thanks :)

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

I ABSOLUTELY disagree with every thing that you just said; however, I am impressed with your presentation. You have thought it out. You certainly seem educated on your facts. Good for you. I am sad to say I don't see that often here.

Quoting nerdymom28:

I find it funny that you're calling out Obama supporters for not answering your question....4 minutes after you make the post. Give it some time dear, I'm sure you'll get hundreds of valid answers to your question.

As for me, I am a Democrat. I am pro-choice and pro gay marriage.. I believe in the "Buffet Rule" and building social programs, and I agree with his stance on gun control. I could go on forever, but suffice it to say that I agree with Obama on every major issue. And I think Obama is a good president. He needs another 4 years to accomplish what he set out to do.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Funny that you're taking stabs at her intelligence, and yet missed where she clearly stated her 3 year old is a GIRL.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, but this poster DEPENDS on TV for her speech delayed child...or so she says. Maybe if he mother didn't just stick him in front of the TV and was educated herself, he wouldn't have so many problems. 

Quoting MrS.GiFFord:

Huh? Are you saying TV watching causes speech problems?

Quoting Anonymous:

No wonder your 3 year old has speech problems... SMDH. 

Quoting mariesmama:

simple its awesome when she says anything she can name the entire cast of sesame street

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM
Glad you laughed at Romney. My guess is in reality you were pretty pissed though. I laughed my ass of as well. I didn't think Romney was going to do so well. Tell me, how did you feel about about Romney's constant reminding Obama about the past four years?

Quoting lnrmom:

Romney did nothing but FLIP FLOP the entire debate. Everything he said was completely opposite of everything he and his camp has said for the past 18 months. So anything he said last night, probably a big fat LIE.

He had me laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe.

Like Obama said early on in the debate.... Romney's plan now, five weeks before the election is, "never mind". He was as flabbergasted as we were. You could see it on Obama's face. He couldn't believe the BS that was coming out of Romney's face nor could he believe the rudeness that he was displaying. It was pure flippin comedy if you ask me.

Quoting Vampyrechic:

Romey only said this after Obama stated that Romeny did not want to hire more teachers and that he did. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He said he wanted to hire more teachers. How is that cutting spending? Besides, isn't PBS supposed to be funded by viewers like you? Is that the only reason why you are supporting Obama?

Quoting mariesmama:

because romney wants to cut funding for education and pbs both very important for my speech delayed 3 yr old

Quatrekins
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Please, please, no commercials on PBS. I love that channel and everything on it, the idea of it becoming a commercialized station terrifies me. And PBS News Hour is the only news I watch anymore; everything else is so full of pomp and drama, and talking heads. Watch a debate on PBS; Everyone acts like adults! And it's the only place to see a documentary anymore. History Channel,, A&E, and Animal Planet are jokes.

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:17 AM

Wow. This picture is just so full of shit. Yes, he has reformed healthcare. However, he is taking billions of dollars from Medicare to do it. This new law will also create huge shortages in the medical field, and drive up costs. Plus, we will now have an unelected government board deciding what treatments and tests are medically necessary, and they will be able to deny anyone anything they want. Yep, that sounds SO much better! So my 70 year old grandma who is in better shape than most 40 year olds better not get cancer, because she's too old, and won't be covered. Too bad, huh?

Yes, he ended the war in Iraq and is ending the war in Afghanistan. But he also ILLEGALLY committed this country to was in Libya. Granted, it was over quickly, but he had no legal right whatsoever to do so.

Under many current healthcare plans, women already have access to free preventative care. And, why should WOMEN get special free access to such care? What about men? Why shouldn't they have access to free preventative care? This is just a case of feminism gone too far. Women are EQUAL not better, therefore they should have EQUAL access to care.

The fair pay act is BS. I have never known a single woman who was paid less than her male counterparts for the same job. Again, feminism gone too far, as now companies will have to be so careful to not violate that law that either they won't hire as many women or they will inflate a woman's pay rate so that it will be seen as fair. Even though it won't be, because now the man working next to her is not being paid an equal amount for the same work. Again, women are EQUAL not better.

Promoting and investing in clean energy. Is that what it's called when you give $535 MILLION to a company who then defaults on that loan and declares bankruptcy? Most of his "investment" in green energy is nothing more than a waste of taxpayer money and other resources.

Yes, he's helped with education. However, while college financial aid may be more available, it's also not doing any good because of the rising costs of education.

Everyone should pay their fair share of taxes. So, I guess you need to start contributing at least 10-20% of your income, huh? Unless you are willing to have every working citizen paying their fair share, don't even mention this. It's stupid. You can't claim something is fair if it is unequal. Especially when those who don't pay taxes are the ones who are benefiting the most from our government resources.

I think before you give numbers about how many jobs he has added, you need to take into account how many jobs have been LOST under his leadership.

Oh, and by the way, I voted for Obama in 2008. A decision I regret, because he has done nothing but lie and make things far worse than Bush ever did.

Quoting elizabg:

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Well at least we can agree on one thing then, eh? lol

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Oh wait! I just implied I am anti-gay marriage. I am not. Other than that...I disagree lol.

Quoting nerdymom28:

Respectfully disagreeing with people seems to be a thing of the past nowadays, especially on CM. So thanks :)

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

I ABSOLUTELY disagree with every thing that you just said; however, I am impressed with your presentation. You have thought it out. You certainly seem educated on your facts. Good for you. I am sad to say I don't see that often here.

Quoting nerdymom28:

I find it funny that you're calling out Obama supporters for not answering your question....4 minutes after you make the post. Give it some time dear, I'm sure you'll get hundreds of valid answers to your question.

As for me, I am a Democrat. I am pro-choice and pro gay marriage.. I believe in the "Buffet Rule" and building social programs, and I agree with his stance on gun control. I could go on forever, but suffice it to say that I agree with Obama on every major issue. And I think Obama is a good president. He needs another 4 years to accomplish what he set out to do.

rnchelle93
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Love!

Quoting Mrs.DebB:

I am voting for Obama for many reasons, but here are a few:

I agree with the "Buffet Rule".

I am pro-choice.

I do not agree with abstinence-only sex education.

I am pro-marriage equality and equality in general, including pay equality for women.

I am in favor of universal healthcare.

I am not in favor of turning Medicare into a voucher system.

I am in favor of strengthening social programs.

I am in favor of improving education by increasing teachers and funding.

I am in favor of reducing the cost and increasing the accessibility of higher education.

I am in favor of protecting religious freedom.

That's what I could come up with off the top of my head.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM

I wasn't pissed at all. I thought it was comical. At first I had my jaw on the ground because he was basically about facing on EVERYTHING he has said for the past 18 months. Then I just thought it was hilarious.

Quoting Anonymous:

Glad you laughed at Romney. My guess is in reality you were pretty pissed though. I laughed my ass of as well. I didn't think Romney was going to do so well. Tell me, how did you feel about about Romney's constant reminding Obama about the past four years?

Quoting lnrmom:

Romney did nothing but FLIP FLOP the entire debate. Everything he said was completely opposite of everything he and his camp has said for the past 18 months. So anything he said last night, probably a big fat LIE.

He had me laughing so hard that I couldn't breathe.

Like Obama said early on in the debate.... Romney's plan now, five weeks before the election is, "never mind". He was as flabbergasted as we were. You could see it on Obama's face. He couldn't believe the BS that was coming out of Romney's face nor could he believe the rudeness that he was displaying. It was pure flippin comedy if you ask me.

Quoting Vampyrechic:

Romey only said this after Obama stated that Romeny did not want to hire more teachers and that he did. 

Quoting Anonymous:

He said he wanted to hire more teachers. How is that cutting spending? Besides, isn't PBS supposed to be funded by viewers like you? Is that the only reason why you are supporting Obama?

Quoting mariesmama:

because romney wants to cut funding for education and pbs both very important for my speech delayed 3 yr old

Quatrekins
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:19 AM

You two have restored my faith in womankind.

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Quoting nerdymom28:

Quoting Ireallydontcare:

Quoting nerdymom28:

CafeMom Tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Regardless of why I support him, it already shows that it wont change your mind on your vote, bc you already proved yourself to be biased when you stated it was "sad" that no one answered your question within 4 minutes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)