Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

child custody issue, who is right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have sole custody of our ds. Xdh has no court ordered visitation, but I allow him to see ds twice a month for three hours each time.
Here's our issue. Xdh owes about 10k in back support, he hasn't made a payment in over a year. Because of that I can barely afford ds preschool tuition. He will be starting kindergarten next year. Looking into the private schools, I can not afford it unless xdh pays his child support. Since obviously I can not depend on that, I am looking into moving to the suburbs where the schools are better. I can commute to work, and save money because I don't have to pay tuition. Xdh lives 2.5 hours away from us now, if we move he will live 3.5 hours away. He doesn't want me to move because we'll be too far away and it'll be harder to see ds. He's threatening to take me to court if we move.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (31-40):
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:32 AM

I would move.. it's to a better district and your child deserves a good education and it's in your childs best interests to go to a better school.

If he goes to court, counter sue for back child support.

SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:34 AM
Oh so its his choice
Just asked because you said you allowed him

"I have sole custody of our ds. Xdh has no court ordered visitation, but I allow him to see ds twice a month for three hours each time."

So by you saying this it looks as if you are trying to call the shots and take the kid away from him and now you say you might have to move. Thats taking the kid away further.
Most of the time why men dont pay their support is because if the woman is with holding the child from him, he will with hold the support from her. Both parties dont realize these decisions are hurting the child in the long run
Almost like an eye for an eye and if you want your kid to have some sort of relationship with dad, moving will only make the situation worse for the kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

He sees him every other Saturday for 3 hours because that's what is convenient for him. I'd prefer every weekend so I can have some "me" time lol.

Quoting SnapIt:

And whats the reason in why you are only letting him see his kid 2times a month for only 3 hrs each time?

Is he a danger to his kid?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Buggy979
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:35 AM
If you have sole physical custody you can do whatever you want.. if he wants to take you to court let him.. he will hang himself as the cs will become court ordered..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
semamaearth
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

do what's best for your family. Let him screw himself by showing up court

crazysheep
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Quoting teresa06:

Let him take you to court. Hes gonna fuck himself with the child support.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:37 AM
I have sole custody of my DD. I don't have to even consult her biodad if I move lol.

But he's has never seen her before... so maybe its different?
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM

tell him to pay all of his child support and you wont move. Every penny. And he has before the start of school next year. Also tell him that if he doesnt you WILL move. And tell him t hat if he takes you to court for moving you will file against him for failure to pay CS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:38 AM
I say I allow, because he has no visitation. Visitation is at my discretion. So yes, I allow him to see our ds.

Quoting SnapIt:

Oh so its his choice

"I have sole custody of our ds. Xdh has no court ordered visitation, but I allow him to see ds twice a month for three hours each time."

So by you saying this it looks as if you are trying to call the shots and take the kid away from him and now you say you might have to move. Thats taking the kid away further.

Most of the time why men dont pay their support is because if the woman is with holding the child from him, he will with hold the support from her. Both parties dont realize these decisions are hurting the child in the long run

Almost like an eye for an eye and if you want your kid to have some sort of relationship with dad, moving will only make the situation worse for the kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

He sees him every other Saturday for 3 hours because that's what is convenient for him. I'd prefer every weekend so I can have some "me" time lol.

Quoting SnapIt:

And whats the reason in why you are only letting him see his kid 2times a month for only 3 hrs each time?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:39 AM
She has sole custody. His rights are basically terminated.

**not op.

Quoting SnapIt:

Oh so its his choice

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SnapIt:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:40 AM

You don't have to pay for preschool or a private school. How about you use your common sense and take him to court and have it legal?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)