Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

child custody issue, who is right?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I have sole custody of our ds. Xdh has no court ordered visitation, but I allow him to see ds twice a month for three hours each time.
Here's our issue. Xdh owes about 10k in back support, he hasn't made a payment in over a year. Because of that I can barely afford ds preschool tuition. He will be starting kindergarten next year. Looking into the private schools, I can not afford it unless xdh pays his child support. Since obviously I can not depend on that, I am looking into moving to the suburbs where the schools are better. I can commute to work, and save money because I don't have to pay tuition. Xdh lives 2.5 hours away from us now, if we move he will live 3.5 hours away. He doesn't want me to move because we'll be too far away and it'll be harder to see ds. He's threatening to take me to court if we move.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Replies (51-52):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:26 PM
If he really wants to have more visitations, he can go to court and fight for it.

Quoting SnapIt:

Shame thats all you allow him, if hes no danger to the kid

Our kids are not side shows that the other parent has to pay to come visit. Yes he should be paying his half of the child but if he isnt living angrand lifestyle himself he wont be able to pay that 10 grand in full. For it to have accumilated so much something should've been done long ago. That amount doesnt happen within days. Sad the kid is getting the brunt of it all

Quoting Anonymous:

I say I allow, because he has no visitation. Visitation is at my discretion. So yes, I allow him to see our ds.

Quoting SnapIt:

Oh so its his choice

Just asked because you said you allowed him

"I have sole custody of our ds. Xdh has no court ordered visitation, but I allow him to see ds twice a month for three hours each time."

So by you saying this it looks as if you are trying to call the shots and take the kid away from him and now you say you might have to move. Thats taking the kid away further.

Most of the time why men dont pay their support is because if the woman is with holding the child from him, he will with hold the support from her. Both parties dont realize these decisions are hurting the child in the long run

Almost like an eye for an eye and if you want your kid to have some sort of relationship with dad, moving will only make the situation worse for the kid.

Quoting Anonymous:

He sees him every other Saturday for 3 hours because that's what is convenient for him. I'd prefer every weekend so I can have some "me" time lol.

Quoting SnapIt:

And whats the reason in why you are only letting him see his kid 2times a month for only 3 hrs each time?

Is he a danger to his kid?

mummy1990
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:29 PM

Let him take you to court...hes only going to screw himself over.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN