Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is this fair?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
  • 18 Replies

Another post just made me think about this, lol. Sometimes, when my oldest dd (almost 5) is grounded, I make her sit and write. Usually, her "grounding" lasts for about 5 hours, and I'll have her write for about 1 hour of that. I have a practice pad for her, with raised lines, similar to what they use in schools, and I make her sit and practice writing letters and words. She usually has to fill 1 page with each letter, then 2 pages with words. She's never complained about it, and I would rather her spend the time learning than sitting in her room. What do you think?

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this

No you should beat her instead!!!!  Why even ask this question?  Who's going to tell you no you shouldnt make her write?  duh

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM

Sounds like a great idea to me! :D

Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

With a wiffle ball bat!

Quoting Anonymous:

No you should beat her instead!!!!  Why even ask this question?  Who's going to tell you know you shouldnt make her write?  duh

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:45 AM

That was my parents go to punishment for us as kids!

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

My mother. Lol. I've had a few people tell me that I shouldn't have her spend the time writing, because it will make her hate school and learning. So I was curious about what others thought.

Quoting Anonymous:

No you should beat her instead!!!!  Why even ask this question?  Who's going to tell you no you shouldnt make her write?  duh

AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:46 AM

Lol, I stole the idea from something I read about a kid having to write when they were in detention after school.

Quoting brettsmomma:

That was my parents go to punishment for us as kids!

jas_momof2
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:47 AM

You ground a 5 year old for 5 hours?

KayelynnsMama
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:49 AM

When I was young and got in trouble we would have to write sentences. The number of sentences depended on what we did. If it was something really bad, we would get an actual grounding.

For example.. If we didn't clean our room we would write "I will clean my room when I'm told" 50 times. When we were done our punishment was over and we would go clean our rooms and be free for the day. We hated sentences! Lol. We would rather be grounded for the day.

Sunshine257
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:50 AM
That is what I was thinking..

Quoting AHmom103:

My mother. Lol. I've had a few people tell me that I shouldn't have her spend the time writing, because it will make her hate school and learning. So I was curious about what others thought.

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM

Not very often, usually only when she has been extremely bad all day, she'll get grounded for the evening.

Quoting jas_momof2:

You ground a 5 year old for 5 hours?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)