Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The Holidays......

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Starting to plan for them already or too early to think about it??

We are already planning.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
Jenniy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
It is, but by January neither of us want to see peanut butter again. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Oooh sounds yummy

Quoting Jenniy:

Mom and I are finalizing who is making what and how much is needed of everything for the holidays. Lol We're both making peanut butter balls, chocolate dipped pretzels and oreos and a few batches of pumpkin bread.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:14 PM

HEll no.I hate the holiday season 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:06 PM
Aww that's sad

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM

I love the family times, the laughter and happiness, but I hate the greed and obsession with material items. I understand everyone doesn't commemorate the birth of Jesus and I respect that. I do and the materialistic attitude and debt pile up over gifts irritates me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aww that's sad

Quoting Anonymous:

alwayskk
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM

I'm already planning. I've just finished birthday shopping for my son and I spent SO much money, it reminded me of what I promised myself two years ago. I never liked the way my parents made a huge deal about presents and I don't want to do that for my kids. So I plan on getting them one gift each, plus stockings, and make the holidays more about activities and traditions. Last year, we went to NOLA to visit my brother for Christmas and it was lovely. I think a Christmas vacation is our new tradition.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Completely understandable

Quoting Anonymous:

I love the family times, the laughter and happiness, but I hate the greed and obsession with material items. I understand everyone doesn't commemorate the birth of Jesus and I respect that. I do and the materialistic attitude and debt pile up over gifts irritates me.

Quoting Anonymous:

Aww that's sad

Quoting Anonymous:

4_little_angels
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Eh kinda playing it by ear cause I'm due right around Thanksgiving.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Planning/buying
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Ooh sounds lovely

Quoting alwayskk:

I'm already planning. I've just finished birthday shopping for my son and I spent SO much money, it reminded me of what I promised myself two years ago. I never liked the way my parents made a huge deal about presents and I don't want to do that for my kids. So I plan on getting them one gift each, plus stockings, and make the holidays more about activities and traditions. Last year, we went to NOLA to visit my brother for Christmas and it was lovely. I think a Christmas vacation is our new tradition.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM
yupp we have already started planning our holidays.i will start christmas shopping for my kids in the start of NOV i have made their list.we arent really doing a thanksgiving since we are having a baby next week it will just be to crazy with 3 kids and its really just me dh and our kids no need for a big dinner.but we will do a nice big christmas in our new house and go all crazy decorating.i cant wait! and for halloween the kids will be going out with dh while me and the baby hand out candy and relax at home together
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)