Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a world without planned parenthood, my perspective.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
12 moms liked this
If there was not a planned parenthood, i would not have been able to get my yearly papsmears. If there was not a planned parenthood, i would not have found out that my cells came back abnormal. Without planned parenthood, i would not have been able to get biopsies done to determine my risk of developing cervical cancer. Without planned parenthood, i would not have found out that i am at a moderate risk of developing cervical cancer and would not be able to receive appropriate treatment. If there was not a planned parenthood, my cells would have continued their path of abnormal growth and developed cancer. Without planned parenthood, my children would become motherless. Is it worth it? To put me at risk of cancer and death? To make my children lose their mother? Just to save money?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallnangel3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
6 moms liked this
I agree. Too many people forget that reasons like yours is why PP exisits!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
2 moms liked this
:) good post.
EmilysMom2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:08 PM
3 moms liked this
I got a free IUD when I was 19. It was the best decision I ever made in my life!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CharlieSays
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this
*slow clap*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sunshine257
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Yeah I think it is screwed up that there are people that want to get rid of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:10 PM
2 moms liked this

I would be dead right now seriously I am not even being dramatic planned parenthood caught my cancer and I was able to get treatment. Had it not been for them who knows when it would have been caught.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM

I went to planned parenthood when I was pregnant, to confirm it, and get information on what comes next since I had no idea what to do. They gave me prenatals and I paid full cost for everything. Its not just free or reduced healthcare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Really? Have you ever thought of going to a different gynocologist? I mean, seriously, it's not like PP is the only place that can do Pap smears. Hell, in our area a lot of regular family doctors even do them.

Insanemomma11
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM
6 moms liked this
Some people do not have the money to spend 1000 on going to see the doctor for a pap or a breast exam. Are you going to pay for them just so you can get rid of PP!?

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? Have you ever thought of going to a different gynocologist? I mean, seriously, it's not like PP is the only place that can do Pap smears. Hell, in our area a lot of regular family doctors even do them.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizard_Lina
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Lmfao they are not getting rid of planned parenthood. The government can't shut down a private company unless they are doing something illegal. They want to cut funding, since it is not feasable to fund the free clinic, the health department, and Medicaid/Medicare and then also fund a privatized company. Pph was around and well before government assistance and they will be just fine without it. Also, if you are that low income, and don't have insurance, you go to the hospital and meet with a financial planner who will asses your financial status and put you on a plan that will cover whatever you qualify for and seriously lower the ammount you would have to pay regularly. I mean really. Pph is not the only provider of women's health.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)