Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I have never voted before

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies

Yep, I registered, but never voted. Now, from what I have read on here about women's rights being at risk, i want to vote. I just don't know where to start on all this. I have no idea what repulican, democrat, or the other one mean. Are Obama and Romney the only ones to choose from? Where can I view what they stand for and are against? I know enough not to trust what Fox says, but that's it. Any webistes or somthing I can look at?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Jesus DONT base anything off crap you read on here.

Isidewith.com is a good place to help you figure out generally where you stand. From there you can search voting records of the candidates. Ontheissues.org is an OK site for info.

BTW fwiw women's rights aren't actually at risk of being taken away. That IMO is all propaganda.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:35 PM

If you are that clueless you don't need to be voting

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:37 PM
I just wanted to tell you that I'm upset with you. I just spent the last 5 minutes of my life trying to figure out what "fwiw" stands for. And then my light bulb came on. Lol.

Quoting hautemama83:

Isidewith.com is a good place to help you figure out generally where you stand. From there you can search voting records of the candidates. Ontheissues.org is an OK site for info.

BTW fwiw women's rights aren't actually at risk of being taken away. That IMO is all propaganda.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmfao

That's OK a couple months back I had no idea either. Google came to my rescue.

Quoting moosesmom:

I just wanted to tell you that I'm upset with you. I just spent the last 5 minutes of my life trying to figure out what "fwiw" stands for. And then my light bulb came on. Lol.

Quoting hautemama83:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Quoting hautemama83:

This reply is hilarious! Your first sentence and then the last paragraph, are priceless together!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
1 mom liked this
That's why she's asking for information. So she will no longer be clueless. Smh. Nothing wrong with wanting to be informed before making a decision like this. I think it's good that she's asking.

Quoting Anonymous:

If you are that clueless you don't need to be voting

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM

Go to votesmart.org/voteeasy. It's a cute questionnaire that shows you which candidates agree with your views.

anitarichman
by Anita on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the best advice.  

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Go to votesmart.org/voteeasy. It's a cute questionnaire that shows you which candidates agree with your views.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM
OK....allergies have me a little out of it. So why?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hautemama83:

This reply is hilarious! Your first sentence and then the last paragraph, are priceless together!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm not the anon, but your last sentence proves your point about not basing anything off the crap in here.

Quoting hautemama83:

OK....allergies have me a little out of it. So why?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting hautemama83:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN