Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Think I Will Have Any Left Over?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

When I get my income tax I will probably have around $1300 since I only work a couple days a week.

I want to buy a:

Flat screen TV

A new laptop

A new phone.

I don't want to spend more than 500 on the laptop. I don't care if it does all sorts of fancy tricks or not. As long as I can do the basics like game playing, Internet, Word, etc I am good.

Same with the TV. It doesn't need to do all sorts of cool stuff, just a regular 32 inch (maybe bigger but not more than 42 inches) tv.

With the phone I know I want a smart phone or a phone I can play and download apps on. It doesn't have to be anything special. I do not want to spend more than 300 on it.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Maybe if you shop at a second hand store, the items you want are by no means cheap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM
2 moms liked this
Too early for refund posts
dee06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM

I just bought a nice laptop for my son for about $350, my 32" flat screen tv was about $340 + $40ish for the warranty and my phone is an HTC Evo and it was $90 for an upgrade

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM

um no I dont think so

Well maybe if you buy all that stuff at Walmart o.0 but I wouldnt recommend it

PinkWink
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM
You should, they usually put the TVs and laptops on sale that time of yr. You can get a basic laptop for about $300 at Walmart. A TV for around $400-500. The price of the phone will vary. If you're not doing a contract, it'll be full cost. I bought my phone for $600 bc I chose not to contract....otherwise it would have been about $200.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Platinum Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:42 PM
Good luck with that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM
You should be able to get those items listed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Memigen
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM

I got a tv one year at Best Buy that was on sale for about $600 because it was previously a display model.  That has been 4+ years ago and it still works perfectly.

I got my brand new laptop (still in the plastic and all) at a pawn shop last year for $200.

I got my new phone for around $99 as it was also on sale.

If you shop at the right places and hit the right sales you will easily have money left over. :)

nerdymom28
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Ya know...you don't HAVE to spend all that money right away. There are other, better things you can do with it.

Save it. The whole thing. Use it as a supplemental income - if you're short on a bill one month, or can't buy food or diapers another month, take some of that money out of savings. This is a great way to keep yourself in good financial standing throughout the year. It's much smarter and more responsible than just buying a bunch of expensive crap that you don't really need.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)