Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do You Think I Will Have Any Left Over?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

When I get my income tax I will probably have around $1300 since I only work a couple days a week.

I want to buy a:

Flat screen TV

A new laptop

A new phone.

I don't want to spend more than 500 on the laptop. I don't care if it does all sorts of fancy tricks or not. As long as I can do the basics like game playing, Internet, Word, etc I am good.

Same with the TV. It doesn't need to do all sorts of cool stuff, just a regular 32 inch (maybe bigger but not more than 42 inches) tv.

With the phone I know I want a smart phone or a phone I can play and download apps on. It doesn't have to be anything special. I do not want to spend more than 300 on it.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Replies (11-12):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM

My TV is getting ready to go out. It's an older style TV and the audio/video outputs are going out. I have to have those for my DVR to work.

I need a new computer for work and school. I am currently using a Netbook that works good but I need something with a disk drive and that won't crap out when I absolutely need it. I don't see this Netbook lasting another year. I bought it used in the first place.

My birthday is in January and I am buying myself a new phone since it will be the only gift I get.

Quoting nerdymom28:

Ya know...you don't HAVE to spend all that money right away. There are other, better things you can do with it.

Save it. The whole thing. Use it as a supplemental income - if you're short on a bill one month, or can't buy food or diapers another month, take some of that money out of savings. This is a great way to keep yourself in good financial standing throughout the year. It's much smarter and more responsible than just buying a bunch of expensive crap that you don't really need.

layawatling
by Laya on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Too early for refund posts

This.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN