Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I seen... *edit for those that feel offended

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Is horrible freaking grammar.  It's just bad English all around.  You can say, "I saw" or " I have seen" but when you say "I seen" it makes you sound like you're straight out of the trailer park  poor uneducated trash. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:18 PM

No, you're stupid for being condescending and stereotyping people. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ahhh yes, I'm stupid for being taught how to speak proper English.  That makes loads of sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your OP makes you sound stupid. Your point?

Quoting Anonymous:

It makes people sound stupid when they say it.  It's not grammatically correct.

Quoting deepthinker:

What difference does it make?

ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

good lord I hate when I get quoted & realize I made a typo lol

hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:19 PM
well, your husband learned it from his mom, so it is kind of up to you to "retrain" him to make sure your children don't pick up on it...I'm working on that with my own husband...I sure don't want our two year thinking that it is appropriate. DH has a masters degree, but it's what you hear at home that sticks.

Quoting Anonymous:

DH says "I seen" all the fucking time. His mother does too. They sound like a bunch of ignorant assholes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I aint be knowin wut u tawkin bout!!? I seen peoplez type vurry gud engwish grammer on hea!! Duno bout yhu but u is duum yoself foe makin dis postt >_
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Yep, DH has his bachelors yet says "I seen" when he's talking to colleagues and clients and it is so irritating lol. I've been trying to train him!

Quoting hollydaze1974:

well, your husband learned it from his mom, so it is kind of up to you to "retrain" him to make sure your children don't pick up on it...I'm working on that with my own husband...I sure don't want our two year thinking that it is appropriate. DH has a masters degree, but it's what you hear at home that sticks.

Quoting Anonymous:

DH says "I seen" all the fucking time. His mother does too. They sound like a bunch of ignorant assholes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:25 PM

That still doesn't make me stupid.  Having a low IQ would make me stupid.  Being a bitch - which I'm sure is what you'd really like to say - because I dislike bad grammar, is something unrelated.

Quoting Anonymous:

No, you're stupid for being condescending and stereotyping people. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ahhh yes, I'm stupid for being taught how to speak proper English.  That makes loads of sense.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your OP makes you sound stupid. Your point?

Quoting Anonymous:

It makes people sound stupid when they say it.  It's not grammatically correct.

Quoting deepthinker:

What difference does it make?

jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Aww, I feel so special that some cunt with a ruler stuck up her ass, felt the need to make a post about me...

However, excuse me for forgetting to type HAVE after I..

nursing and typing is difficult to juggle..and yes, typos are a direct result of trying to type and nurse at the same time.

But let's face the real issue here, you having serious OCD issues with grammar..

you might want to talk to someone about these issues if it's bugging you to the extent of having to write a post about it a few days after it happened.

hollydaze1974
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
It really is like nails on a chalkboard isn't it? lol. Do you find yourself physically cringing at times? I know I do!

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, DH has his bachelors yet says "I seen" when he's talking to colleagues and clients and it is so irritating lol. I've been trying to train him!

Quoting hollydaze1974:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryLu86
by Emmy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:27 PM
Same here!

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Haha I almost didn't open this one just because the title irritated me so much :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MaryLu86
by Emmy on Oct. 4, 2012 at 5:29 PM
My head hurts from reading this lmao

Quoting Anonymous:

I aint be knowin wut u tawkin bout!!? I seen peoplez type vurry gud engwish grammer on hea!! Duno bout yhu but u is duum yoself foe makin dis postt >_
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured