Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is it my fault when a man looks down my shirt?? My husband blames me!!

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM
  • 107 Replies

My husband and I have a small restaurant.  One of our employees looks down my shirt on occasion when I am quickly bending over while working.  I did not even know it was happening until my husband starting getting mad at me about it.  So I make an effort not to bend over i front of this employee but sometimes when we are busy I forget and it happens.  I just can't believe how mad my husband gets at me.  I think he should be mad at our pervert employee and tell him to stop doing that or ask him "what are you looking at"  But instead my husband yells at me.  Am I wrong to think the problem is the employee and not me?  My husband thinks I do not know how to dress like a women.  My clothes are not low cut or revealing. What do I do?  Please help.

by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pauliewogmamma
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:21 PM
5 moms liked this
If he won't say something to the guy, you should. It's not your fault unless you are purposely bending over in front of him with a low cut shirt.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1likeme
by Gold Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this
The problem is your husband.
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this

pic

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM
8 moms liked this

wear a camisole problem solved.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Confront the man yourself and your husband might let up on you. Make sure and do it in front of him
kattu
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:24 PM
Is it a glance or is he obviously staring? I don't think a glance makes him a pervert, but either you or your husband needs to tell him to knock it off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lachica
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Yeah, I was thinking I should just tell the employee to stop doing it, but it is hard for me because I am not a confrontational person.  I am not doing it on purpose but I think my husband probably thinks that I am. Men!!!

Thanks for your response.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this

No its not your fault.  Your husband sounds like an interesting person.  The type of person who would blame a woman for getting raped cause she wore a skirt.  

Confront the guy, and tell your husband to quit blaming you.  If I were you I would go find a different job, and let my husband run the restaurant by himself. 

lachica
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:30 PM

Good question.  I don't know if it is a glance or not but it is enough to make my husband super angry...he actually kicked my out of the restaurant today in front of everybody.  Talk about disrespectful and embarrasing.

thanks for the response.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:31 PM
2 moms liked this

Take a picture of the shirt you wear.  Because I am judging you poorly right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)