Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I faked a pregnancy to get my boyfriend to propose!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

We have been dating 4 years and he has yet to ask, so I told him I was pregnant to see if that would prompt him and it did!

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:15 PM
Replies (201-210):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 45 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:38 AM

wow good going you pushed an important commitment decision by deception..karma sucks...so if he cheats on you and then says well I just wasnt ready to get married and you lied to get me to do it...will that be ok too?

Amybelle
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I don't have to Fake anything................SUCKS to be You

Anonymous
by Anonymous 46 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:59 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Do you really want to marry a man that isn't really that into you? He didn't want to marry you until he thought he was getting a baby in the deal. How can that be good enough for you?
So, if you "miscarry" before you get married will he still marry you?
I guarantee that we see you back in here multiple times whining about how awful your not meant to be marriage is.

Or, you could wait. Wait until HE decides he wants to spend the rest of his life with YOU not you and a baby that seems to be the bigger prize. Wait until he plans a special proposal that you can share and reminisce about. Wait until you both can plan a wedding together, creating more memories and future stories. wait until your proposal and marriage is happening because you both want it and it is at the right time.
If you choose to go through with this you will have a half assed wedding because your "partner" isn't as invested as he needs to be. Wait until you're not wearing a maternity dress that screams -this ain't a special day of two people professing thier love, this is a day where two people are rushing so their baby isn't born out of wedlock. Where you will get a mix of congratulations you made it before the baby came, and I'm so sorry you felt rushed into marriage, and I'm sorry you couldn't wear a beautiful gown that was made just for you instead of the maternity dress you scrambled to find. Where your marriage starts off as a deadline instead of a day you plan beautifully and put together just so, a day that is centered around the love the TWO of you should have for each other. A day to celebrate the beginning of your lives instead of the day you enter into one big manipulating lie. Then, instead of running off to enjoy an amazing honeymoon, if you manage to get knocked up in time, you will be saving that money for baby stuff.
I couldn't imagine having any reason between my dh and I that made our day all about anything but our love and entering into an honest and pure marriage. I am SO glad I have the proposal, the dress, the flowers, cake, venue marriage, honeymoon etc. it is one day and it should be everything you want and more. THE most important thing would be a groom that is 100% on board in complete honesty!
squeekers
“The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. Rarely do members of one family grow up under the same roof.”— Richard David Bach (born 1936) Writer
Yesterday at 8:19 PM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM

egads woman.

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
lovinmykiddo07
by Ruby Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:01 AM
Lol sooo...you want him to ask because he felt pressured by a pregnancy that isnt real? Yeah, good luck with your marriage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 47 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 1:28 AM
My sister did that, then she said she "lost" the baby & now 3 years later she still cant get pregnant. Good luck with that.
Misha1204
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM

Only in MC....

Did you get the results you wanted?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 48 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:56 PM
You realize that the marriage will not last right? He is feeling forces to do it which means he will regret it at some point. Even if you fake a miscarriage and he never finds out you lied its still doomed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 49 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Photo

MichelleNShane
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:54 PM
I have two wonderful children. My oldest is 6. In trying to conceive a third child I have had four miscarriages. My boyfriend and I have considered marriage but we would like to wait a few more years. Reading this post makes me sick. You should be ashamed of yourself. In my opinion you dont deserve this poor man. I hope he does leave you when he finds out your not pregnant. Stupid people doing stupid things just to keep a man in their life. Really pathetic.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN