Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My breast has been feeling a little sore (like pulled muscle sore), and just a little while ago I found a lump. I'm calling in the morning, but wanted to see if anyone else has gone through this.
1) it's in about the same spot as a lump I found in 06. Had a biopsy. That one was benign. Doc thought it could be from caffeine ( which I'll admit lately I've been drinking more coffee)
2) I was on progesterone about a month ago for period issues. 10 days of the pill. I read that lumps can be a side effect ( which makes me wonder if it affected the original lump that wasn't removed and made that area sore/tender.)
3) I ovulated about a week ago and due to start my period in 8 days, so maybe it's all the above and my cycle?

*dr thinks it's just a cyst or swollen lymph node. Could be for any of the reasons I listed above. I'm to leave it alone and check about a week after my period starts to see if it's still there. If it is, we will go get an u/s or mamogram.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 11:52 PM
Replies (21-23):
bec94
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:21 AM
1 mom liked this
That's what the one in 06 was from according to the doctor. Thanks!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I found one once and I went to get check and it was caused by caffeine.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aislinn
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:24 AM

Nine times out of ten, it will be benign. My friend has had countless lumps removed. Her brother had forty lumps from his chest removed. Apparently a sick effect of steroids? Having said that, get the girls a check up. In this situation, it is so much better to be safe than really, really sorry. Good luck!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:28 AM
I learned in nursing school that cancerous lumps like that typically are not painful. So that fact that it's sore is a good sign. It may be a lymph node, depending where it is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured