Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

As a Canadian I just have to say...

Posted by   + Show Post

If <insert dude you hate> wins the election .. wtf makes you think we would want you all in Canada?

Serious... lol

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:54 AM
Replies (231-240):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM
2 moms liked this

We're Americans. We aren't in the habit of asking people before we take over their country. lmao

JessT5280
by MileHigh Mom on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I live on a small island in southeast Alaska. I'm closer to Canada than the rest of Alaska, or the lower 48. I've always wondered why this island wasn't a part of Canada. Logistically, it would just make more sense.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
acaisha
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

We're Americans. We aren't in the habit of asking people before we take over their country. lmao

well played.. lol well played.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Aint the president I wanna get away from! But there is a certain someone you have there i truly want :)

Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:53 PM
1 mom liked this

They'll be lucky if we don't swarm the borders and plant a flag saying, "Look! We discovered a new world!".

Kurt Vonnegut said it best,

Bernard Ketchum, our resident shyster here at the Grand Hotel Oloffson, says that Haitian refugees should follow the precedent set by white people, and simply discover Florida or Virginia or Massachusetts or whatever. They could come ashore, and start converting people to voodooism. 
“It’s a widely accepted principle,” he says, “that you can claim a piece of land which has been inhabited for tens of thousands of years, if only you will repeat this mantra endlessly: ‘We discovered it, we discovered it, we discovered it…’.

Quoting Anonymous:

D.O.E.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:15 PM

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting D.O.E.:

what pinch? newfoundland is known for it's fishing industy, not much else.....hence the super cheap housing prices there....and the chinese yen is pretty dang strong.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

A trade agreement with China, good luck with that!  The Canadian economy is struggling now, it's no better there than it is here.  I have family all over Canada and in Newfoundland and they are all feeling the same pinch.

Quoting D.O.E.:

well, thanks to the smart guys running the place and something called our "economic action plan" our economy is incredibly stable. we do not rely soley on the american economy for stability, hence, the trade agreements which were signed between us and china recently. i think the american dollar only makes up approx 20% of our economic ...whatchamacallit (i need more coffee lol) as in, if your economy completely crashes, we won't be hurt that bad.

Quoting Dzyre1115:

It never occurred to me to move to Canada....or anywhere else for that matter, the economic crisis is global, I don't know where people think they're going to hide from it!

And there fishing industry is about to completely crumble. If they keep screwing Maine like they are, shit is going to completely fall apart for them.

how are they "screwing" maine? and they would simply find another source of revenue, but they have fishing rights to a lot of water....there are ways to ensure there are always fish in those waters.

D.O.E.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:18 PM
1 mom liked this

omg i think i love you!!bow down

Quoting Sanctimommy:

They'll be lucky if we don't swarm the borders and plant a flag saying, "Look! We discovered a new world!".

Kurt Vonnegut said it best,

Bernard Ketchum, our resident shyster here at the Grand Hotel Oloffson, says that Haitian refugees should follow the precedent set by white people, and simply discover Florida or Virginia or Massachusetts or whatever. They could come ashore, and start converting people to voodooism. 
“It’s a widely accepted principle,” he says, “that you can claim a piece of land which has been inhabited for tens of thousands of years, if only you will repeat this mantra endlessly: ‘We discovered it, we discovered it, we discovered it…’.

Quoting Anonymous:

_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Because.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
_mimimosley_
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Just know I am moving to Canada Or Colombia. I'll flip a quarter. Heads Canada tails Colombia
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:23 PM

how come no one says "fuck it, i'm moving to mexico" ? lol i mean, it's warmer there...nice beaches....you could all just......go to mexico.....lol

Quoting _mimimosley_:

Just know I am moving to Canada Or Colombia. I'll flip a quarter. Heads Canada tails Colombia

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)