Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

i want to put my dd in.....

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM
  • 14 Replies
ballet classes as soon as she turns around 3.... but do you think he feet will get messed up after she does it for so long??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM
No. The feet don't get messed up unless she does pointe for years upon years.
thehickinhickor
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM
I think they slowly work.them.up to that she won't be doing it for that long right away to mess up anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.gumdrop.
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM
She won't really do it at three don't worry. It will take awhile before she's actually doing ballet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OxbAbIebxO
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:11 AM
No. Ballet doesn't mess up your feet, pointe does. And she won't be even offered to do pointe for awhile. I was doing ballet for 11 years before I started pointe at 14. My mom was a dance teacher so technically I started dancing at 2, but wasn't actually put in class until 3.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:12 AM
She'd have to be a serious competition dancer for any reputable studio to teach her pointe, so if its just a fun thing to do she'll likely just stand on the balls of her feet.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:13 AM

No, going on pointe is what messes up feet and they don't do that until 10 or older. My DD has been in ballet and tap since she was 3 (she's 7 1/2 now) and she's had no foot problems whatsoever.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:15 AM

pointe is when your feet get messed up. Just make sure she has good shoes and if she ever goes to point that she is properly supported.

lissetteP
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:16 AM
I just want her to dance

I know I can't make it be her passion but maybe if she start early, it will become her passion, but I don't want on day for her feet to be Fuckt up cuz of my fault..kwim

Quoting OxbAbIebxO:

No. Ballet doesn't mess up your feet, pointe does. And she won't be even offered to do pointe for awhile. I was doing ballet for 11 years before I started pointe at 14. My mom was a dance teacher so technically I started dancing at 2, but wasn't actually put in class until 3.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lissetteP
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:17 AM
is she really good at it? does she love doing it??

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

No, going on pointe is what messes up feet and they don't do that until 10 or older. My DD has been in ballet and tap since she was 3 (she's 7 1/2 now) and she's had no foot problems whatsoever.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeonit
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 1:18 AM
No, my DD started at 2. They don't go en pointe until around 12 I believe, and after a lot of experience.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN