Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Odd and off the wall names.

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM
  • 112 Replies

Now note I am NOT bashing anyone who has a child with an odd, or unusual name. I'm just wondering where you got the name? Did you come up with it on your own? Did you get it out of a book? A movie?

And for those who WILL say I am bashing, fyi, when I named my DD, I specifically went for an odd and unusual name. At the time, Jaden was an odd name, and I decided on that. Her name is spelled WAY different then the traditional spelling of that name, and I love it. It's different and I love that it grabs attention when she spells her name.

If your child has an odd, or unusual name, what is it, if you feel comfortable posting it.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jessimicuh
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:20 AM
Bump. I just have an Angela and Hayley.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM
No unusual names here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittani
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:21 AM
1 mom liked this
My ds has an uncommon middle name. It's a name I've never heard of or seen anywhere else but it's not weird. It's candan. I found it in a baby book and its actually suppose to be a first name but I thought it went well with ds first name. I think it sounds pretty cool. It's Brice candan. Pronounced like can din
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:22 AM
Not posting the name, it is too unusual...so much so that people could find my husband/me because he is the only other one with it.

My son was named after my husband. The name was made up by my husbands father. I love it and that's all that matters.
noble427
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:22 AM
1 mom liked this
My son is Orion and my daughter is Liberty.
MommaSchimmel
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM
I have Xavier, Aiden and our DD due in dec will be named Ryleigh. They are just names we liked.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brittani
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM
So curious! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Not posting the name, it is too unusual...so much so that people could find my husband/me because he is the only other one with it.

My son was named after my husband. The name was made up by my husbands father. I love it and that's all that matters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2AlexAraya
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM
My dd's name is Araya. I heard it on a tv show when I was younger and fell in love with the name. Ds's name is Alex, very common.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:23 AM

If I were to have another daughter, I would name her Caprice. I think it's unusual and different. not sure about odd lol 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:25 AM
Lol, sorry!

Quoting brittani:

So curious! Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)