Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously what do parents teach their kids these days

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 48 Replies
I was in Walmart with ds earlier tonight to grab a few things. Ds was crying and just being... Not him self. I figured he'd had a long day at school and was tired. ( I have to wake him up at 6 to get the bus at 6:45 schools starts at 7:20 idk but the little ones start school over an hour earlier than the older kids who don't go to school like 8:40. Makes no sense. Lil ones need more sleep) anyway ds is crying I'm trying get him home as fast as possible. I see these two teenage boys. Probably around 15. I had seen them several times in the store and each time they would pass I'd hear them whispering to each other. Whatever I ignor and got to check out and here are these two boys again standing there behind a battery display pointing at ds who is 5 and very loudly making fun of him crying!! Saying things like ugh whaaaa look at the baby cry. I whip around cause this is bullshit ds is 5 years old these kids are like 15 maybe a little older They see me and shut up immediately . I ask them what the hell their problem is and if they think they cool for making fun of a 5 year old little boy. They take off running. The cashier said she would call a manager cause those boys are always in there and they do the same thing. They hide behind one of the displays and make fun of kids!! Wtf. Where are the parents and what have they taught them?? I'm sorry it's not normal to wander a store to look for small children to make fun of. I wanted to slap the hell out of them.

And no their parents may not know what their doing and they may not have raised this way but in today's world you never know.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:00 AM

Based on this post your parents didn't teach you to proof read.

Schleetle
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:01 AM
Yeah they sound like jerks. I will say though when I was growing up the times were opposite (high school started earlier), and I always felt like that was backwards. I used to get my 8 year boys up last year around 5:45 am, early days!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Lol I posted and looked back and started to read it. I'm mobile but I fixed the errors.
If you have nothing nice to say....my parents taught me that did yours??

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:05 AM
It's crazy how earlier these kids have to get up. When I was in school all the schools started within like 10 mins of each other to give parents enough time to drop kids off at the different schools. I never had to get up before 7 when I was in school.

Quoting Schleetle:

Yeah they sound like jerks. I will say though when I was growing up the times were opposite (high school started earlier), and I always felt like that was backwards. I used to get my 8 year boys up last year around 5:45 am, early days!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lalaboosh
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:06 AM

I don't think it's that their parents don't teach them shit, I think it's that teenagers are assholes. I dunno. I was walking past a group of teen boys the other day and they started whistling and cat calling me and I ignored them. Then they started shouting insults and insisting that I wanted it and calling me baby. It's often a combination of male bravado and teen hormones that cause the problem, but girls get obnoxious too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:07 AM
Jeez who really cares if you misspelled some words
its not.the.end of the.world here
I don't know what some parents are teaching their little one
My DD learned the B word and.that's all she wants to say now
Jeez people need to stop cursing in front of their children
I'm.not.taking my DD to.the park.anymore
She picks up too many bad habits over there
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:10 AM
Really? 15 making fun of little kids they might be a little slow themselves . Must 15 are chasing girls or playing video games. That dont sound normal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:11 AM
3 moms liked this
Quoting Anonymous:

This crap is getting old
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:11 AM
True teens are just assholes but I never did any of this crap and neither did my friends. Male or female. I thinks it's a combo of teen hormones and the fact that parents these days don't really punish their kids. They get away with murder. I've seen it all to often. I saw a teenager threaten his mother the other day because she refused to buy him chips!?? And she gave in. I would have been dropped on my ass real fast if I threatened my mother. Maybe it's just in my area idk but teens these days they run the house and tell the parents what their gonna do. And the parents just let them

Quoting lalaboosh:

I don't think it's that their parents don't teach them shit, I think it's that teenagers are assholes. I dunno. I was walking past a group of teen boys the other day and they started whistling and cat calling me and I ignored them. Then they started shouting insults and insisting that I wanted it and calling me baby. It's often a combination of male bravado and teen hormones that cause the problem, but girls get obnoxious too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:13 AM
I agree. So is my iPhone changing words I write. Driving me nuts. I hate being mobile but I also hate sitting I front of a computer lol.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

This crap is getting old

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)