Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Who likes it and who hates it?

And why?

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:14 AM
Replies (31-40):
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:00 AM

It's hard to differentiate it now. It sucks. A song, don't remember the name, came on the radio the other day with dubstep and it hurt my ears. It didn't even fit the melody of the song. 

And LOL "Dubstep hipster" :-P

Quoting squeedlyspooch:

I have to say that I dislike most dubstep with lyrics. I am relatively new to this whole thing and have no idea what's "proper" and what's "poser."

btw, for a second I actually thought the term "dubstep hipster" in relation to your comment, and it made me lol.

Quoting armywife009:

Dh and I liked it before it was cool *snicker*, seriously we did.

But now, it's used in the wrong way/songs and sounds awful.

MommaBear1130
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:02 AM
My nephew loves it. I hate it! Sounds like somebody recorded dying animals and called it music. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
squeedlyspooch
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:06 AM

The issue from what i have read is that Dubstep refers more to what is DONE to a song rather than a specific set of effects. Usually you drop the base (which is totally the way to my heart), but I hear a lot of stuff that is called "Dubstep" that has basically no base. Some people are differentiating "dubstyle" and "Dubstep" to help with the confusion, but it seems like a lot of people are deconstructing songs into madness and calling it dubstep.

Quoting armywife009:

It's hard to differentiate it now. It sucks. A song, don't remember the name, came on the radio the other day with dubstep and it hurt my ears. It didn't even fit the melody of the song. 

And LOL "Dubstep hipster" :-P

Quoting squeedlyspooch:

I have to say that I dislike most dubstep with lyrics. I am relatively new to this whole thing and have no idea what's "proper" and what's "poser."

btw, for a second I actually thought the term "dubstep hipster" in relation to your comment, and it made me lol.

Quoting armywife009:

Dh and I liked it before it was cool *snicker*, seriously we did.

But now, it's used in the wrong way/songs and sounds awful.

DestinyHLewis
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:06 AM
What is it? I am lost. Lol
squeedlyspooch
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:07 AM

I have no idea what that is. (forgive me, we don't have cable)

Quoting 504bbymami:

Did you watch key and peele last night? Lol

squeedlyspooch
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:09 AM

It's a form of electronica, but it's rather different as well. There is a Wikipedia for it and an awesome example has been posted up on this thread as well.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

What is it? I am lost. Lol

squeedlyspooch
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:11 AM

I seriously agree.

I feel especially sexy when someone drops the bass.

Quoting .gumdrop.:

I think it's sexy! Kinda of music I like to _____ to

Lol

And good workout music !

squeedlyspooch
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:16 AM

I am going to download the videos directly from youtube and batch convert them on my own to ensure there is no quality loss. Thanks for introducing me to this. No joke, this is EXACTLY the sound I was hoping to find. I knew it had to be out there.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Right? There is much more by them on youtube. and you can go straight to http://www.youtube-mp3.org/ and go ahead and download it to your comp from youtube. So nice. ;)

Quoting squeedlyspooch:

This is officially awesome and my new favorite song to boink to.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

DestinyHLewis
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:21 AM
Quoting squeedlyspooch:

Thanks!
DestinyHLewis
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:24 AM
Quoting squeedlyspooch:

Ok. Listened to half of it. It's not my bag. If I can't dance to it, I am not interested. I could ad or mix some of it to other music to make it viable, but alone, no way. However, if it makes you happy, go for it!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)