Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's about time for America to stop this! What would you suggest?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you cross the N. Korea border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross Afghanistan's border illegally, you get shot. If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & tax free business for 7 years. On top of everything else, you get to be a voting democrat. No wonder we're a country in debt.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Replies (31-40):
risa_alvarez
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:13 AM

Lol, I think it's a newer word.

I use polygot when referring to my mother (she speaks 5 different languages) and trilingual for myself. Most people that I know have never heard polygot so I figured more people would understand me saying trilingual.

Quoting anime.princess:

Then, they probably added that to the dictionary.  The actual term would be polyglot.  

Quoting risa_alvarez:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/trilingual

Quoting anime.princess:

You're not trilingual, you're a polyglot.  There's no such thing as "trilingual" or "multilingual".  

Quoting risa_alvarez:

I do, but from a business standpoint it makes sense you want to make the most profit so you want to pay unskilled employees less. Just annoys me when I can't find a job when I have experience, am tri-lingual (English, Spanish and ASL) and am not considered unskilled.

Not saying I want us to be like N Korea (I have an aunt from there) but I do think we need harsher punishment on people that cross over illegally. My SIL's father gets deported every few years and is ALWAYS back within a few months.

Quoting .gumdrop.:

Get mad at the business willing to pay them under the table.

Quoting risa_alvarez:

I live in an area where we have a very large population of illegals, makes it really hard to find a job when someone else will work for half of what you will under the table.

risa_alvarez
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:29 AM

Lol, I said I understand why they do it. Not that I like it or agree with it. There will always be people who will try to take advantages of others. Also most people won't report the fraud that those businesses are doing, illegals won't for fear of losing their job and being deported and people who are here legally won't because they don't want to lose their job either. And until we change the process for people to come over legally it wil be that way.

I wish it was easier, safer and cheaper to come here. I hate hearing about groups of people that were abused or left to die because their only option was to come here illegally to better their lives. I live on the border so I see how it is in Mexico, we can't even go over to visit family anymore because it's not safe.

Ideally we would get the illegals that are here citizenships (except the criminals, cartel members, etc) so that they can get the same wages and oppurtunites as other citizens, but until that happens we're going to have these issues.

Quoting .gumdrop.:

Ohh you understand greedy bastards? It's illegal to pay people under the table.

Make harsher laws against hiring illegals (lose license, can not conduct business in the state for 10 years, 100k fine) and you won't have a problem with immigrants!

It's not the immigrants it's the greedy ass Americans who will do anything to increase their profit.

I don't blame the illegals, at least they are making bare minimum because they are struggling to feed their family and just want their kids to have a fighting chance in this world

Unlike the business owners who haut want that 80 inch flat screen and BMW in their drive way!

Quoting risa_alvarez:

I do, but from a business standpoint it makes sense you want to make the most profit so you want to pay unskilled employees less. Just annoys me when I can't find a job when I have experience, am tri-lingual (English, Spanish and ASL) and am not considered unskilled.

Not saying I want us to be like N Korea (I have an aunt from there) but I do think we need harsher punishment on people that cross over illegally. My SIL's father gets deported every few years and is ALWAYS back within a few months.

Quoting .gumdrop.:

Get mad at the business willing to pay them under the table.

Quoting risa_alvarez:

I live in an area where we have a very large population of illegals, makes it really hard to find a job when someone else will work for half of what you will under the table.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:35 AM
2 moms liked this

What you posted is not true and makes you look ignorant, anyone that agrees with it or thinks it is true is also ignorant.....play on 

LiliM
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I think businesses who hire illegals need to be punished.  No more work - less illegals.  And while I don't agree necessarily agree with politcal affiliation, I do think we need to be more assertive about booting those who sneak into our country.  Mexico, since this is where a large number of illegals cross, and which has shown itself to be less than concerned about how many people use their border to sneak across ourse, has the 4th harshest illegal immigrant policy.  Always interesting when you see a country's leader support their own strict laws, and bitch about others who would like to do even half that.

AnastasiaKorsh
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:41 AM
3 moms liked this

LaLaMommy2Be
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM
2 moms liked this
This!!!

Quoting shortycmlb:

A. Cant get a license B. Can't get food stamps C. Can't get health care unless your a pregnant female D. can't get free housing or child benefits unless they were born here E. Can't start a business and you can't vote if your illegal. You need a SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER for all of the above, and to get a driver license you need a SOCIAL, Birth Certificate and if you certificate is not from the USA you need your proof of citizenship or your alien registration number!

ARE YOU THAT FUCKING STUPID? Do you actually KNOW any illegals? I know MANY and MOST live in POVERTY and MISERY and are trying to get citizenship. 

I KNOW this because my husband is LEGAL and whenever we've done anything involving the government whatsoever they REQUIRE his alien number, if he's not carrying it on them they suspend whatever it is and wait for him to get it. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BluePandaDreams
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:01 AM

Okay so you want to compare this country to North Korea and/or Afghanistan? Sweet.  In North Korea, you more than likely wouldn't have access to this site as well as possibly CNN, FOX, portions of You Tube and other sites that government deems inappropriate. Express this opinion in North Korea and you more than likely will disappear.  Sounds fun doesn't it.  Let's check out life in Afghanistan.  You definitely wouldn't have access to this site.  In some ways, that might be a blessing in disguise.  As a woman, you wouldn't be allowed to have an education, go out without your husband or his permission, drive, wear whatever the hell you want.  On and....if you express such an opinion as this, be stoned, thrown in prison, whatever.  Does that life sound appealing as well.

Yes, expressing an opinion via a re-cycled email shows great intelligence and thought.

Sure you want a job that illegal has? Sure, go for it. See if you can spend 12 hours out there in the field picking strawberries for the small change that farmer pays.  Which is illegal by the way, but there isn't enough people to check up on those guys and enforce those laws.  Why don't you apply for one of those jobs so you can help send those people back across the border.

The driver's licenses, the food stamps, and all that other mess is contingent on the laws your state's law makers vote into place, so you'll have to take that issue up with them in your states capital.

And no. I won't be voting democrat.

pamk5641
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:03 AM

Yup.  I agree 100%. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:10 AM
I love this . Just shoot them . Less expensive
pampire
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Sadly, she is that stupid and she's not alone.  Racist as well, I'd wager.

Quoting shortycmlb:

A. Cant get a license B. Can't get food stamps C. Can't get health care unless your a pregnant female D. can't get free housing or child benefits unless they were born here E. Can't start a business and you can't vote if your illegal. You need a SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER for all of the above, and to get a driver license you need a SOCIAL, Birth Certificate and if you certificate is not from the USA you need your proof of citizenship or your alien registration number!

ARE YOU THAT FUCKING STUPID? Do you actually KNOW any illegals? I know MANY and MOST live in POVERTY and MISERY and are trying to get citizenship. 

I KNOW this because my husband is LEGAL and whenever we've done anything involving the government whatsoever they REQUIRE his alien number, if he's not carrying it on them they suspend whatever it is and wait for him to get it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN