Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's about time for America to stop this! What would you suggest?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you cross the N. Korea border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross Afghanistan's border illegally, you get shot. If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & tax free business for 7 years. On top of everything else, you get to be a voting democrat. No wonder we're a country in debt.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Replies (41-50):
pampire
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:36 AM
1 mom liked this

This - except I WILL be voting Democrat.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Okay so you want to compare this country to North Korea and/or Afghanistan? Sweet.  In North Korea, you more than likely wouldn't have access to this site as well as possibly CNN, FOX, portions of You Tube and other sites that government deems inappropriate. Express this opinion in North Korea and you more than likely will disappear.  Sounds fun doesn't it.  Let's check out life in Afghanistan.  You definitely wouldn't have access to this site.  In some ways, that might be a blessing in disguise.  As a woman, you wouldn't be allowed to have an education, go out without your husband or his permission, drive, wear whatever the hell you want.  On and....if you express such an opinion as this, be stoned, thrown in prison, whatever.  Does that life sound appealing as well.

Yes, expressing an opinion via a re-cycled email shows great intelligence and thought.

Sure you want a job that illegal has? Sure, go for it. See if you can spend 12 hours out there in the field picking strawberries for the small change that farmer pays.  Which is illegal by the way, but there isn't enough people to check up on those guys and enforce those laws.  Why don't you apply for one of those jobs so you can help send those people back across the border.

The driver's licenses, the food stamps, and all that other mess is contingent on the laws your state's law makers vote into place, so you'll have to take that issue up with them in your states capital.

And no. I won't be voting democrat.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:21 PM
That sounds very similar to my experience. I left there with an appreciation for my home country that I never had before. While I don't support them coming to the US illegally, they have my deepest empathy and I absolutely understand why they take the risks they do to escape. No tween needs to be selling her body to American tourists, no kindergarteners should be juggling for spare change or selling gum in the gutters. It's not my job to condemn them, so I just respect them as fellow human beings and love them as my neighbors.

Quoting Anonymous:

Amen. when my husband and i went to mexico for a funeral, we were in a part of the country, where i saw children, living in these makeshift blanket/cardboard 'houses' they looked like the forts my sister and i wuold make as children! and they looked like the KIDS put them together rather than any adult! i didnt see any adults. and these were children under 5, naked with no parents around, and no one to feed them, or protect them from anything. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I used to feel that way too. Then I visited Mexico. It's no f'ing wonder they risk life and limb to come here, I'd do damn near anything to get out too. I will never refer to myself as poor after seeing what I did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM
So basically you're saying America is awesome? LOL I agree
SavannahV
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I absolutely agree. I do not like illegals.

chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Oh shove it!  Ignorance at its finest-again...

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:23 PM
1 mom liked this
We should definitely aspire to be more like North Korea and Afghanistan!

Wait, no.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RhondaVeggie
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM
You really don't know the law at all, do you?
rgba
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:26 PM
2 moms liked this
In an effort to reduce our population, perhaps you should move to N Korea.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sanctimommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Geronimo and Illegal Aliens

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:28 PM
Amen
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)