Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's about time for America to stop this! What would you suggest?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you cross the N. Korea border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross Afghanistan's border illegally, you get shot. If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & tax free business for 7 years. On top of everything else, you get to be a voting democrat. No wonder we're a country in debt.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Replies (61-70):
LucyHarper
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM

So you are suggesting that we act more like Afghanistan and North Korea... because then debt and illegal immigrants will be the least of your worries.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:31 PM

First off. How do you get all that if you are an illegal immagrant? Since you have to provide documentation to work.  Also can you show me where you read that every single illegal immagrant is a democrat?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:36 PM
Yes, let's model ourselves after North Korea and Afghanistan. SMH
N. Korea is strict because they suppress their people. Plus, its usually journalist trying to cross from S. Korea to document the piss poor environment these people live in. Or family members trying to see loved ones. Or you've got N. Koreans trying to flee to into S. Korea. So of course their going to be hard.
I agree we need tougher penalties when it comes to illegal immigrants. But I'd never want them to face what the punishment the Koreans and Afghani people face. Sad.
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I agree with you 100%. 

And did you read yesterday that yet another Border Agent was shot and killed in Texas at the border while responding to an alarm that had been triggered by illegals trying to cross over? 

Since 2002 twenty-six border agents have been killed in the line of duty.  If you kill a cop on the street the local authorities go after the murderer full-force and often these murderers receive life sentences.  The border police don't get the same justice. 

CheyanneW
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I am so sick of this excuse! Do you really thing that illegals only work in fields? Most field workers are LEGAL migrant workers.  Illegals are taking factory jobs, roofing and construction jobs, cleaning jobs and restaurant jobs.  My father lost his job as a machinist because they could hire an illegal cheaper.  Just because YOU don't want the jobs that illegals take doesn't mean that there are not lots of other Americans that would love to have those jobs.  Problem is now the pay for those jobs are lower because companies get used to paying illegals so low.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Sure you want a job that illegal has? Sure, go for it. See if you can spend 12 hours out there in the field picking strawberries for the small change that farmer pays.  Which is illegal by the way, but there isn't enough people to check up on those guys and enforce those laws.  Why don't you apply for one of those jobs so you can help send those people back across the border.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM
My cousin came here to Take your jobs, but you didn't have one. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
spicy_n_sweet
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM

The majority of illegals in my area did not come across the border.  The majority of illegals in my area are: Asian ,Russian, Ukrainian, Croatian, and Canadian.

I understand many have issues with illegal immigration. However in some areas of the country (like mine) illegal immigration isn't due to people coming across the border illegally. They are here on expired student and work visas. This is one area of the illegal immigration equation that I see very rarely discussed.

bullemhead
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM

DeeDee205
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:00 PM

OP, it's a good thing you didn't say you wished America was like N Korea or Afghanistan because you might get alot of nasty replies.   ....ooops.  Wait a second....

Mrs.Pedro
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:02 PM
Exactly. So fix all the fraud and you fix almost all of the illegal immigrant problem.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mrs.Pedro:

I think instead of fixing all of that shit, we should fix how easy it is to steal someone's identity... Because how else are illegals able to do any of that shit? Illegal immigrants can't get mist(all?) if that without some form of I.D. to prove they are legal. That or they are forging documents somehow.

Some of them are naming their children after them then they still their own child's SSN. It's really sad. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)