Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It's about time for America to stop this! What would you suggest?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

If you cross the N. Korea border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross Afghanistan's border illegally, you get shot. If you cross the U.S. border illegally you get a job, a driver's license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & tax free business for 7 years. On top of everything else, you get to be a voting democrat. No wonder we're a country in debt.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:22 AM
Replies (71-73):
BluePandaDreams
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:03 PM
It isn't an excuse. It is the most common job they are hired for. And it's not that americans don't want the jobs, it's that companies want to pay lower wages and over less benefits, whick majority of americans don't want to do, but those alledged illegals will do. And actually, I would take a lower paying job if I needed a job.

Quoting CheyanneW:

I am so sick of this excuse! Do you really thing that illegals only work in fields? Most field workers are LEGAL migrant workers.  Illegals are taking factory jobs, roofing and construction jobs, cleaning jobs and restaurant jobs.  My father lost his job as a machinist because they could hire an illegal cheaper.  Just because YOU don't want the jobs that illegals take doesn't mean that there are not lots of other Americans that would love to have those jobs.  Problem is now the pay for those jobs are lower because companies get used to paying illegals so low.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Sure you want a job that illegal has? Sure, go for it. See if you can spend 12 hours out there in the field picking strawberries for the small change that farmer pays.  Which is illegal by the way, but there isn't enough people to check up on those guys and enforce those laws.  Why don't you apply for one of those jobs so you can help send those people back across the border.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CheyanneW
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

Doesn't matter if you would take the lower paying job you can't get it because an illegal has it. Sometimes pay doesn't even matter.  Many employers prefer illegals because they won't complain.  They won't use worker's comp they won't call the labor board about working through lunch.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

It isn't an excuse. It is the most common job they are hired for. And it's not that americans don't want the jobs, it's that companies want to pay lower wages and over less benefits, whick majority of americans don't want to do, but those alledged illegals will do. And actually, I would take a lower paying job if I needed a job.

Quoting CheyanneW:

I am so sick of this excuse! Do you really thing that illegals only work in fields? Most field workers are LEGAL migrant workers.  Illegals are taking factory jobs, roofing and construction jobs, cleaning jobs and restaurant jobs.  My father lost his job as a machinist because they could hire an illegal cheaper.  Just because YOU don't want the jobs that illegals take doesn't mean that there are not lots of other Americans that would love to have those jobs.  Problem is now the pay for those jobs are lower because companies get used to paying illegals so low.

Quoting BluePandaDreams:

Sure you want a job that illegal has? Sure, go for it. See if you can spend 12 hours out there in the field picking strawberries for the small change that farmer pays.  Which is illegal by the way, but there isn't enough people to check up on those guys and enforce those laws.  Why don't you apply for one of those jobs so you can help send those people back across the border.

Salsacookies
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:03 AM

they don't have to learn english. no official language + free country = they can speak whatever they want.

Quoting BekahBrownEyes:

I agree up to a certain point. The laws need updating and improvements. The credit companies need to make it easier to protect our identities. Illeagals piss me off, they do make it harder on American citizens to find jobs. On top of that, they don't bother to learn English.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN