Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD-Gay DD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
Junesmommy18
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:53 AM
Id be fine with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsMommy2011
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:53 AM
3 moms liked this
i would say "really? Ok you still have to take out the trash and/or wash the dishes" :-)

It will not change anything. They are still my babies and i will love and support them no matter what
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anonymous12308
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:54 AM
To me you love who you love it doesn't bother me how ever my old asst manager is gay and her family is fine but her girlfriends mom says she made her gay and hates her and now disown her daughter till she gets her life back on track meaning dating men
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laparla
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:55 AM

Try to be there not only for your dd but for her girlfriend, since the other mom is abdicating her responsibility, or at least is very misguided.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:58 AM
I told her to tell her mom at least she doesn't have to worry about her getting pregnant...lol. I kid, I just dont think its a big enough deal to alienate your child.
brandyblx
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:05 AM

One of my best friends (he passed away about a week ago) was gay.His mom was SSOOO against it that she refused to talk to him once he "came out"....And when he got so sick (he was dying) she refused to come see him and say good bye. Not all parents will love and support no matter what.

I will. I just want them to be happy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I figured most parents would support their children no matter what,
so I was VERY surprised by the mother's reaction. Shes totally pushed her child away, and made her feel like shit. I feel so bad for her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:08 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. That's terrible that his mother would do that, but you're right, I guess there are plenty of "conditional" parents out there. I pride myself on not being one of them.
HeathersForever
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:09 AM
I wouldn't care as long as my son is happy and safe. My stepbrother is gay and so is my best male friend and my best female friend is bi...so no issues for me. They are just people who love!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gealach
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:10 AM
I would support her.

I can't say that I wouldn't worry though, she'd have a hard road ahead of her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I would be disappointed and try to pray the gay away
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)