Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD-Gay DD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:18 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I would be disappointed and try to pray the gay away

I'm curious...why would you be disappointed?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't have anything against gays but I think it's unnatural. I want my boys to have a wife and kids. Just like if they didn't go to college I would be disappointed. I think gays have a harder life. I want the best for my kids. Yes of course I would still love them buy would be disappointed. I would be just as disappointed if they get a girl knock up at a early age.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:35 AM
I answer your question forgot to quote you the answer underneath.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:36 AM
Above I meant

Quoting Anonymous:

I answer your question forgot to quote you the answer underneath.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

fallnangel3
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:44 AM
As long as they stay true to themselves and are with someone who respects them and treats them well I have no issues
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:55 AM
3 moms liked this
I would be sad because we don't believe in that lifestyke choice. But my kids are still my kids and I would still love them. Their choices in life don't change the fact that I'm their mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I would be sad because we don't believe in that lifestyke choice. But my kids are still my kids and I would still love them. Their choices in life don't change the fact that I'm their mother.

Can you explain why you don't agree with being gay? I don't understand how people have an issue with it. Love is love.
MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:04 AM
Mine is. She's 15 & has had a gf for 5 mos. I love her just as much as if she were hetero. DD's gf parents are a combo of you & your DD's gf's parents: a 'phase' & extreme hating of being gay.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:08 AM
Hug him/her for having the courage to come out to me. My sister married a woman my children were a part of her wedding. It wouldn't bother me in the least bit.
rockinmomto2
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I personally would have no issues. I'd feel terrible for the other girl and I would probably ask the girls mom if she wants to come over for some coffee or tea and just talk. Maybe she's just having a hard time processing. Then again, some parents are just assholes. My dad stopped talking to me completely when he found out I was pregnant at 19. We didn't really ever speak again (he passed when I was 23). I think the only thing you can really do (besides trying to talk to the other mom) is to be there for both girls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)