Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD-Gay DD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Replies (301-310):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 39 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Honestly it would break my heart..if that was happening today, right now, i would be pist and tell him that's nasty. 20years down the line i don't know what my reaction would be

kde216
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:06 PM
Love them just the same.
squeekers
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:19 PM

I would love her, hug her, be proud of her and whom ever she'd love.

i'm a happy Humanist.
question everything, except your mother.
i dont like to use capital letters.
Angeldolphine
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Give her a coming out party and support and encourage her to follow her heart.

bustybee
by Buzz Lightyear on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:35 PM

that's what I don't understand. its your kid, they can't help what they feel and every child is curious. kwim? could you support your dd and her gf together to combat the gfs mothers nastyness?

Quoting Anonymous:

I figured most parents would support their children no matter what, so I was VERY surprised by the mother's reaction. Shes totally pushed her child away, and made her feel like shit. I feel so bad for her.

caito
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I'd say "Okie dokie." I don't care about my child's orientation. I only want her to be happy.

bleedhairspray
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I don't care who she grows up to love, as long as she's an honest, respectful, and loving person that's all that matters. 

but if I were you, I'd reach out to your daughter's gf, it takes a real mother to love their child through ANYTHING and it's unfortunate that she has to live with her mother's disapproval. I was in a relationship like that when I was in high school, and unfortunately I was the one with the mother that didn't approve. It broke my heart everyday when I came home to my own mother. My gf's mom loved me, she has always encouraged the best in me, we are still close to this day and I will always consider her a part of my family. Her love and acceptance saved me from a dark place when my own mother had nothing to say to me.

vinalex0581
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:10 PM

this again?

notredamefan916
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:17 PM

whatever makes my babies happy... this isnt harming your DD or anyone else... so there is no reason for the other mother to make such a fuss!

BEXi
by BEXi on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:19 PM

Id love my child just the same.

Of course I would be sad because I *may* never get grandkids, but even that is still possible..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)