Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WWYD-Gay DD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Replies (31-40):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:10 AM
Can I please ask at what age did she know she is gay and when did she tell you?

Quoting MichLW69:

Mine is. She's 15 & has had a gf for 5 mos. I love her just as much as if she were hetero. DD's gf parents are a combo of you & your DD's gf's parents: a 'phase' & extreme hating of being gay.
rockinmomto2
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:10 AM
2 moms liked this

Being gay is not a lifestyle choice, moron. Being gay is just that: being gay. Living in the suburbs is a lifstyle choice. Being attracted to the same sex is not a choice.

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be sad because we don't believe in that lifestyke choice. But my kids are still my kids and I would still love them. Their choices in life don't change the fact that I'm their mother.

luvmymunchkins3
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:10 AM
I would be fine with it and so would my husband.i dont care who my kids love,date as long as the person treats them the way they should
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
luvmymunchkins3
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:12 AM
Pray the gay away? Do you really think it works that way?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be disappointed and try to pray the gay away

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shaybay218
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:13 AM

bump...

starryeyez23
by Leighsa on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I met my sons dad at a gay bar too!

Quoting lalaboosh:

I'd be like, ok. What do you want for dinner? LOL! I met her dad at a gay bar.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:19 AM
1 mom liked this
No but I don't think it will hurt. I did have the pastor pray over them when they were born. And that was one of my prayers. To each they own but I dont want my kids to be gay.

Quoting luvmymunchkins3:

Pray the gay away? Do you really think it works that way?

Quoting Anonymous:

I would be disappointed and try to pray the gay away

lwalker270
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:23 AM
I would love and support my child unconditionally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elzingah36
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:35 AM
My son is gay. He came out about 2 yrs ago. To be honest it didn't bother me. What bothered me the most is how long he kept it a secret. I'm proud of my son in everything he has overcome and achieved. My prayer for him is to be not only be happy in his life but that he finds a path that'll bring him eternal peace.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:37 AM
Quoting elzingah36:

My son is gay. He came out about 2 yrs ago. To be honest it didn't bother me. What bothered me the most is how long he kept it a secret. I'm proud of my son in everything he has overcome and achieved. My prayer for him is to be not only be happy in his life but that he finds a path that'll bring him eternal peace.

Amen! How old was he when he came out?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured