Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD-Gay DD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Replies (351-360):
milmil06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:16 PM
So funny I asked my husband
That about our boys last night they r babies now but I was just curious cus he's a very traditional southern man and he just said he would say their significant others wouldn't be allowed over I honestly don't know how I would feel probably love them just the same
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kngarber
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:28 PM

Oh I am well aware there is no changing people like you. Just pointing out what you are doing. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I dont care what ppl think about me. I think it's gross but to each there own they can do whatever they want with who ever they want. I don't want that lifestyle for my kids. You can't say anything that will change my feeling about that.

Quoting kngarber:

Unnatural to whom?  The gay person or just uncomfortable for someone like you?  It is unnatural for them to be wit the opposite sex.  I am sure you do many things that are considered unnatural to others.  How would you feel if somone judged you ever step of the way?  FFS.

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't have anything against gays but I think it's unnatural. I want my boys to have a wife and kids. Just like if they didn't go to college I would be disappointed. I think gays have a harder life. I want the best for my kids. Yes of course I would still love them buy would be disappointed. I would be just as disappointed if they get a girl knock up at a early age.

onethentwins
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:31 PM

I'd be supportive like you. 

MichLW69
by PackersXLV4 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 2:47 PM
Quoting Anonymous:

You're VERY welcome!
lazyd
by Bronze Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I would be just fine with it.  I dont care who my kids are or what they do for a living, etc., as long as they are HAPPY!

eafowler76
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I personally believe it is wrong so I would be hurt by it. That being said, there is still nothing any child of mine could do that would make me stop loving them or being a part of their life.

MomGoneGreen470
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Quoting yinyang6788:

No Christians have not killed thousands, men taking Gods name wrong and applying His word wrong did. And pagans are pagans and will burn for eternity. I know this, I was a witch before that the biggest pagan of all Catholic and my husband was a buddist until we woke up. So I will pray for you and for those who believe they are Christians but attack and harm others. Jesus sat with tax collectors and prostitutes.....sinners, He did not bash them, He loved them, He is a God of love, DO NOT blame the one true God for human mistakes or greed for power. Bottom line male female join in nature reproduce even certain fruit know this basic concept. Some animals kill their own for such acts yet humans are pathetic enough to actually believe being gay is natural.....pathetic
cortneymae12
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM
My child can be who he wants to be ans I will support his.decision no matter what it is.because all I care about is.if he is happy with himself and who he is. Never feel bad for being yourself
terall
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

I only have boys... but I'd march in that parade with him, wearing a cute pink boa 

gma12.1
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I would love them on conditions.    The condition would be that they be HAPPY with the person that they chose.   I wouldn't hold it against them, I believe that a person is not defined by sexuality but by personality.

My Second time around & loving it!
boy n girl     toddler girlLina

The Twins

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN