Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD-Gay DD

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
My teenage daughter has been in a relationship with another female for 4-5 months now. While I believe it may be a phase (she's had boyfriends in the past), I really have no issues if she is gay. However, her gf's mother is absolutely against it, and has made it known with very disparaging remarks. I love my dd unconditionally and will stand behind her no matter what. My dd's feelings are very hurt by the other mothers comments, and I've explained not all people will agree with her choice.

My question is...How would you react if your child told you they were gay?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:44 AM
Replies (41-50):
SavannahV
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:40 AM
Id be suprised, but I'd love them just the same. They will still take their girlfriends/boyfriends home to meet me, it'd just be a different gender. I'm sorry your dd is having trouble with having gfs mom.
Tell her to stay strong.

elzingah36
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:42 AM
18. Like I said,I was a little bit sad that he didn't say something sooner.
So much finally made since. He said he always knew...from early childhood on.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting elzingah36:

My son is gay. He came out about 2 yrs ago. To be honest it didn't bother me. What bothered me the most is how long he kept it a secret. I'm proud of my son in everything he has overcome and achieved. My prayer for him is to be not only be happy in his life but that he finds a path that'll bring him eternal peace.

Amen! How old was he when he came out?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:43 AM
If I had a son I'd be OK with it
If my DD was gay I would be like are a lipstick lesbian or which one are you loll
I would be fine with it
702girly
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:47 AM

It wouldn't bother me.

My parents would have disowned me for it though. They're much more tolerant now because they've met some of my younger sister's gay friends and care about them but they used to be hardcore homophobes. I remember when some pyscho was murdering gay people and my parents thought he was a hero. So did a bunch of our other family members and neighbors.

People who think like that are still out there.

Mashnut3161
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:49 AM

I wouldn't care, As long as they are in a happy, healthy, loving relationship. That is all that would matter to me.

mommy_2_be_2010
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:54 AM
Support and love her no matter what she came from me and I refuse to turn my back on her. Acceptance is hard to come by and respect is difficult to gain why make her feel like she has to hide who she is?????

She is my daughter and I will love her no matter what she is my flesh, blood, and rib, I will always be her #1 fan.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Michellina11234
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:58 AM

I wouldn't care at all...she is my child and I love her without condition

AmberRose1122
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 6:58 AM
I don't care one way or the other, but I would definitely have a long talk with him explaining how not everyone is accepting and people can be downright cruel about it. Especially Christians (we ARE Christians, but we are accepting).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyladnad
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:00 AM

I would be happy for her, whether she falls in love with a man or a woman. What is important is that she is in a good relationship with mutual respect and love. I want her to be herself, and will love her no matter what happens. 

lilmoosesmom
by Cat on Oct. 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM

I would send him to talk to my brother, (my brother came out as a teen) So my brother can help talk him through the things he is now going to face. 

I support my child, no matter what. && If he is gay, then well I just have to deal with it. I wouldn't care either way.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)