Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are kids these days as rude as we were as kids?!

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:31 AM
  • 3 Replies

Where I work, I see kids on a daily basis, and most of them are.....well....assholes! It's mostly the fresh-teen kids ( 13-16 age ) but I have seen A LOT of older kids ( 16-19 age ) that are even worse!

They are even that way in front of their parents. They act up, screaming, yelling, grabbing stuff off the shelves, putting it in the wrong spots ( just for spite! They don't change their minds about getting the stuff and just lay it down. ), opening stuff and then putting it back ( we make them pay for it if they do that ), and some have even gone so far as to make fun of other people that were in the store, and they will make fun of us cashiers ( and all this is done IN FRONT OF the parents! )

Example: There is one regular customer who has a son with DS. This kid is the sweetest child I have ever met! He has such an awesome personality and such a bright little ray of sunshine. He will ALWAYS make you smile before he leaves. One day, him and his dad were in the store. He wanted something to drink, but couldn't get the name of the drink out very well. A group of kids ( I'm guessing ranging from 12-15 age ) had come in with their team coach ( they all had the same jersey on, and the adult had COACH on the back of his ). The kids saw the DS child, and began making fun of him! They called him the R-Word, stupid, an idiot, and were making fun of how he walks and how he looks! The coach just stood there with this grin on his face, almost like he was PROUD of them!!!!! When those kids got up to the register, the coach was all but LAUGHING!!!!!! They were still making fun of the child when they left!! OMFG I was furious!!!!! The child's father was so hurt by how they were toward his son that he almost cried. The child couldn't figure out why a group of kids were laughing at him, so I really don't think he understood.

I HATE the R-Word with a passion, and anytime I hear someone say it, I instantly correct them, and ask them to please not say that word. I just can't believe how rude kids are these days!!!!!!! And how sometimes, the parents act like they are actually PROUD of the kid being rude! Hell, when I was a kid, if I did something like that, or was even the slightest bit disrespectful towards someone, I'd get popped real quick!

We weren't like that as kids, were we?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
maryjmom
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:36 AM

BUMP!

3babiesofmyown
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:40 AM
I'd like to think I wasn't that bad. I did act up in class a lot for a while. But I had a lot going on at home so it was probably attention based. I never bullied anyone and after a year or 2 in middle school I wasn't rude. We teach our kids to be respectful. I honestly wasn't taught to be respectful or disciplined well in all honesty and although I was problematic at times I've seen a whole lot worse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 4:46 AM
My mom says i was super annoying, not "bad". She said i asked a million questions and always wanted to debate. My oldest is the same way lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured