Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My BFF is huge. Update2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

She has always been big. She was about 350lbs a couple years ago. Now, she's visiting home where I am and she said she's almost 450lbs. She wants a ride in my car 2.5 hours south to get home. I'd have no problem with that, but my ball joints went bad and I just got them fixed. 

My ball joints went bad because I drive a little economy-sized vehicle, and she used to ride in the car, and I feel like that's what did it. She's too big to fit the seatbelt. IDK what to do, or how to tell her that I'm afraid she'll break my car that I need again.

Help?

JUST AN FYI- The ball joints were new when I purchased the car. I had paperwork from the seller to prove it.

***Thanks to the few people who gave me advice instead of bashing on me for asking an honest question, I'm going to be on my way to pick her up in a little bit.***

SECOND UPDATE*****I PICKED MY FRIEND UP YESTERDAY TO TAKE HER HOME. AFTER ABOUT 45 MINUTES IN THE CAR TRAVELING AT A SPEED OF APPROX 65MPH, MY BRAND NEW TIRE (THAT I PUT ON WITH THE BALL JOINTS) BLEW. MY "FRIEND" GOT TO GO HOME, HER HUSAND PICKED HER UP, WHILE MY KIDS AND I SAT STRANDED ON THE SIDE OF THE FREEWAY TRYING TO GET HOME.*******

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (121-125):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Me too !!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm with you

Quoting Anonymous:

Omg!! Honestly I wouldn't have gave her fat ass a ride. I wouldn't even be able to be friends with her, she would make me sick just looking at her. I will probably get bashed for saying that but idgaf that's some nasty shit to be that big.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Nobody should be accepting of that much weight.

Quoting Crazy.Bitch:

Sounds like you don't accept her weight. Jeez what a bff

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
:-/ A heavy friend did not blow out your tire. Grow up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kaya529
by Platinum Member on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM
This post reminds me of working at the horse farm. I would always get stuck telling people they couldn't ride the horses. The rule was no one over 250. It was in the flier. They would argue that they were less then that. Then got mad when I told them to hop on the scale. Then claim discrimination and usually resorted to threatening me. I hated it but I wasn't going to hurt the horse just to spare their feelings.

Anywho, if your friend left you stranded then don't give her rides anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ktnova
by on Oct. 14, 2012 at 10:21 AM

To the second update- I really hope you all made it home ok. The follow questions are not being asked in any mean way. Why didn't her husband give you a ride? Why didn't he pick her up in the first place? I don't think I understand how she got to your place and why a "pick-up" wasn't arranged on her part to begin with. I'm sorry I think I just confused myself. 

Everything else. Being honest is always the best way. People don't have friends to have someone to lie to them. They have friends because they are honest. Some others posted saying that you shouldn't tell them.. Well Why would you lie? and if there isn't extra money on either side why risk getting away from home and getting stuck? The friend should have had everything set up on her side if she was taking a trip. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured