Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My BFF is huge. Update2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

She has always been big. She was about 350lbs a couple years ago. Now, she's visiting home where I am and she said she's almost 450lbs. She wants a ride in my car 2.5 hours south to get home. I'd have no problem with that, but my ball joints went bad and I just got them fixed. 

My ball joints went bad because I drive a little economy-sized vehicle, and she used to ride in the car, and I feel like that's what did it. She's too big to fit the seatbelt. IDK what to do, or how to tell her that I'm afraid she'll break my car that I need again.

Help?

JUST AN FYI- The ball joints were new when I purchased the car. I had paperwork from the seller to prove it.

***Thanks to the few people who gave me advice instead of bashing on me for asking an honest question, I'm going to be on my way to pick her up in a little bit.***

SECOND UPDATE*****I PICKED MY FRIEND UP YESTERDAY TO TAKE HER HOME. AFTER ABOUT 45 MINUTES IN THE CAR TRAVELING AT A SPEED OF APPROX 65MPH, MY BRAND NEW TIRE (THAT I PUT ON WITH THE BALL JOINTS) BLEW. MY "FRIEND" GOT TO GO HOME, HER HUSAND PICKED HER UP, WHILE MY KIDS AND I SAT STRANDED ON THE SIDE OF THE FREEWAY TRYING TO GET HOME.*******

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (51-60):
Sammi20
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:18 AM

Yeah I'd def tell her she needs to go on a Massive diet..

Quoting Anonymous:

I mean she has to know, right? You would have to know at 450lbs that some times that can ruin peoples's cars, right? She HAS to know already.

Quoting Sammi20:

I seriously can't tell if this is a troll or not but thats just F*ed up... Tell that lady to stop eating and get a gastric bypass surgery or something... O.o I'm fat but Breaking a Car!!! Damn... Thats just scary..

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this

It could have been a defective tire. And I would stop calling her your bff because clearly she isn't. You don't talk about your friends like this.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was brand new. I've never had a brand new tire that was used for ONE day explode like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Might have been a bad tire. It happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure. I took the car to a shop here and told them to fix anything that was wrong and they had to put those new tires on there, too.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Do the tires have a warranty?

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Quoting alwayskk:

Fuck that noise, you don't tell her that shit. "Hey bestie, you're too fat to ride in my car but I love ya." 

Really? Keep it to yourself.

This. WTF are you thinking, OP?!?!

UgtaBkdnMe
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Rent a van...

areyouatroll
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM
Has she said something mean or untrue? It's not her fault her friend is fat.

Quoting Anonymous:

It could have been a defective tire. And I would stop calling her your bff because clearly she isn't. You don't talk about your friends like this.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was brand new. I've never had a brand new tire that was used for ONE day explode like that.

Quoting Anonymous:

Might have been a bad tire. It happens.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm not sure. I took the car to a shop here and told them to fix anything that was wrong and they had to put those new tires on there, too.

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Do the tires have a warranty?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:21 AM
This is such a troll post.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM

What am I thinking? That from what a few women were saying yesterday my hesitation for her to be in my car was unjustified, so I picked her up, only to have a brand new tire that was one day old explode under neath her while I was driving. That's all I am saying.

Quoting eviesmom453:

Quoting alwayskk:

Fuck that noise, you don't tell her that shit. "Hey bestie, you're too fat to ride in my car but I love ya." 

Really? Keep it to yourself.

This. WTF are you thinking, OP?!?!

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I just lol'd at the post and the edit. Oh god. I'm dying over here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM

It's really not.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is such a troll post.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM

You are an awesome friend....not really you suck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured