Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My BFF is huge. Update2

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

She has always been big. She was about 350lbs a couple years ago. Now, she's visiting home where I am and she said she's almost 450lbs. She wants a ride in my car 2.5 hours south to get home. I'd have no problem with that, but my ball joints went bad and I just got them fixed. 

My ball joints went bad because I drive a little economy-sized vehicle, and she used to ride in the car, and I feel like that's what did it. She's too big to fit the seatbelt. IDK what to do, or how to tell her that I'm afraid she'll break my car that I need again.

Help?

JUST AN FYI- The ball joints were new when I purchased the car. I had paperwork from the seller to prove it.

***Thanks to the few people who gave me advice instead of bashing on me for asking an honest question, I'm going to be on my way to pick her up in a little bit.***

SECOND UPDATE*****I PICKED MY FRIEND UP YESTERDAY TO TAKE HER HOME. AFTER ABOUT 45 MINUTES IN THE CAR TRAVELING AT A SPEED OF APPROX 65MPH, MY BRAND NEW TIRE (THAT I PUT ON WITH THE BALL JOINTS) BLEW. MY "FRIEND" GOT TO GO HOME, HER HUSAND PICKED HER UP, WHILE MY KIDS AND I SAT STRANDED ON THE SIDE OF THE FREEWAY TRYING TO GET HOME.*******

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Replies (71-80):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:31 AM

I'm not making fun, I'm not laughing. Nothing about this is funny.

Quoting Anonymous:

Really why not just change the tire you don't need a tow because of a flat,  seriously!  And there are lot of reasons your tire could have blown!  You are a sucky friend because you are online making fun of her behind her back that isn't a real friend!

Quoting Anonymous:

How? I picked her up to take her home like a GOOD friend, then the passenger front tire BLEW under her and I said NOTHING about it and she got her husband to come get her while me and my kids sat on the side of the free way scrambling for money for a tow! 

Quoting Anonymous:

You are an awesome friend....not really you suck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

She's no better IMO. She got a ride home and left my kids and I stranded trying to figure out how to get home. I don't know how to change a fucking tire.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I really hope she is a troll because if not, she is one shitty ass friend.

Quoting Anonymous:

How? I picked her up to take her home like a GOOD friend, then the passenger front tire BLEW under her and I said NOTHING about it and she got her husband to come get her while me and my kids sat on the side of the free way scrambling for money for a tow! 

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 19 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this
If you really believe your "friend's" 450 lbs was enough to blow a tire, you're an idiot who shouldn't have friends OR drive a car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 20 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Wow what a shitty friend you are. And FYI your tire blew for some other reason not because of your overweight friend. My advice to you is learn how to change a fucking tire and don't be friends with her any longer, you sound very toxic.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Maybe she realized that you're a judmental bitch that cares more for her car than her bff. Maybe she knows you talk shit behind her back. Who knows?

And if you're going to drive a car, you should really learn to change a tire. It's not difficult.

Quoting Anonymous:

She's no better IMO. She got a ride home and left my kids and I stranded trying to figure out how to get home. I don't know how to change a fucking tire.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yeah, I really hope she is a troll because if not, she is one shitty ass friend.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM

If you can't change a tire why are you driving?

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 21 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Ummm my brother use to be a really big guy and his car never gave him trouble like yours. Maybe you should stop buying shitty parts to your shitty car and stop being a crappy friend.
Roxygurl
by Emerald Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:38 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Not knowing how to change a tire is your own fault. That's car maintenance 101.

Here let me give you a piece of advice that will save you from having to tow your car. LEARN HOW TO CHANGE A FLAT.
breydans_mommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM
Wow, I know where you are coming from. My best friend is about 250lbs and her husband is about 350lbs. I used to drive a Honda accord and when they both rode in it the bottom of the car would scrap the road. It torn my little car all to hell. I don't think you're a bad friend at all. You are concerned. I get that. I can't believe they left you and your kids on the side of the rode. I would be livid and probably wouldn't talk to her for a very long time! I've been stuck on the side of the rode with my kids before 5 hours away from home in the middle of December. And the heater didn't work because it broke down because of the belt that ran through the heater, it ran through a lot of important things and we sat on the road in the middle of the night for 7 hours until my sil came and got us. It freakin sucked. Luckily we had 3 blankets that I draped over the kids to keep them warm and we had lots of food and water for the trip. Buy I'll tell you what I have never in my life been so freaking cold!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 22 on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM

What kind of car is this exactly? If you think about it, a car with four seats in it, is rated to haul four grown adults. There is you, your two kids and your friend. So, with the weight saved from your kids your friend made up for and maybe a little extra. So think about it. The car most likely was not over loaded, unless you had the trunk loaded down and a carrier on top of the car that was loaded down I am sure the car was not overloaded. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN