Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mothers use pregnancy as an excuse to gain weight!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Many women let themselves go during pregnancy and "eat for two". Do you think a lot of women use this an excuse to get fat? I do.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
elephantmamaof2
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:33 AM
I fully admit that I totally did. I was 100lbs at the start of both pregnancies and gained 50 with the first and 30 with the second. I did exercise as much as I could though! I was just really excited for the one time in my life where I could eat anything without remorse haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, because many, many people just love being fat. They dream about it at night.

anonymous69890
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:34 AM
Shit I gained 32. Doc said nothing of it. I will never ever weigh that much again pregnant or not. I lost it in 6 wks

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Um your suppose to gain weight when your pregnant!

Yes, 12-15 lbs. Not out of control and you are only supposed to consume 300 calories more then you usually take in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Not me, I lost weight with both pregnancies.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Wtf cares. Unless you are married to her than why is it your business?! Even if you were married to her I'd keep your mouth shut.
SassyLeigh
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:36 AM
Some do take it over board but its their body, they'll def regret it later!! I've had 4 and I have baby chub but doesn't bother me that much. But I can't imagine having 50+ lbs to loose afterwards! Yikes!!
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Yes, 12-15 lbs. Not out of control and you are only supposed to consume 300 calories more then you usually take in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think they use it as an excuse to get fat, they use it as an excuse to eat everything and anything they want. Getting fat, just comes with eating crap all day, every day.
One of my first questions to my doctor was I know I am not eating for two, how many calories do I need to eat extra a day to have a heathy pregnancy. Her answer was about 209 calories and then told me to add a yogurt a day and ill be good. That's what I did and I gained 28lbs and lost it in two weeks post birth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this
Men aren't allowed on this site.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AHmom103
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

FYI, most doctors recommend between 20 and 30 lbs, unless you are overweight to begin with.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

I'm a designer at the best siggy group on CM--click here to check it out!

spooky415
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:39 AM
I just like food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN