Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mothers use pregnancy as an excuse to gain weight!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Many women let themselves go during pregnancy and "eat for two". Do you think a lot of women use this an excuse to get fat? I do.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (21-30):
Mamie_85
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:39 AM
2 moms liked this
12-15 lbs? Now I know you're a man. Go away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Um your suppose to gain weight when your pregnant!

Yes, 12-15 lbs. Not out of control and you are only supposed to consume 300 calories more then you usually take in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Every doctor I spoke to had told me 15-30lbs is all you should gain. And that it's only 200 calories extra a day.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Yes, 12-15 lbs. Not out of control and you are only supposed to consume 300 calories more then you usually take in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymama2D
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:40 AM
I've personally never known anyone who just went ape shit while pregnant and gained a ridiculous amount of weight. Everyone gains/carries weight differently ... especially while pregnant. I think its fine to indulge a bit as well. Its one of the perks. Also, its easy to say eat healthy and all that but a lot of times women feel really sick as well and carbs are what work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nevaNabismommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Yeah but your suppost to consume more food or atleast calories then you did before. Gaining a few extra pounds is no big deal to me. I only have a problem when the person gained so much weight it put there baby are risk but its not my business to tell someone how to eat.
Ill be 34 weeks tomorrow and went from 112 to 144 already and I know ill gain more weight but I'm healthy and don't give two shits what anyone thinks about it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM
It's actually 25 to 35

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

nurbabe82
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM

I so did the first time lol. I ate whatever I wanted, how ever much of it I wanted, and when ever I wanted lol. This time I won't be doing that. It only took me those 9 months to gain the weight but over a year to lose it.

momo3fgr8tteens
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Don't know I only gained between 16-21 lbs. 

Not_A_Native
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this

If there is any time in your life to eat healthy, and watch everything you eat, it's when you're pregnant!  You're building another human being - do you really want them made off of cakes and chips and soda?

Shelbypb
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM
When I first found out I was pregnant I was about 98 pounds and I just ate whatever I wanted I didn't worry about the eating too much so I gained about 40 pounds and now I'm back to about 100 and my weirdo doc still wants me to lose more weight
nevaNabismommy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM
If you obese you should only gain 15 lbs but normal women should gain 15/30lbs and if you where underweight to start with I was told its 25/40lbs

Quoting Mamie_85:

12-15 lbs? Now I know you're a man. Go away.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)