Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mothers use pregnancy as an excuse to gain weight!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Many women let themselves go during pregnancy and "eat for two". Do you think a lot of women use this an excuse to get fat? I do.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
momof3jam
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM

I guess there are probably some. I was young with my first and didn't do it on purpose. Everyone told me to eat for two, so I did. No one told me I was gaining too much weight. I was up 70 pounds by the end of my pregnancy. STILL fighting off those pounds.

Mychele
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:44 AM
What ??? BULLSHIT. normal is 30 lbs. over weight people are suppose to gain 15lbs. underweight people is more than 30. I'm over weight and my dr has never mentioned only gaining 15.
Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Um your suppose to gain weight when your pregnant!

Yes, 12-15 lbs. Not out of control and you are only supposed to consume 300 calories more then you usually take in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomsJrHaxs
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM

I decided to eat what I wanted when I was pregnant. Well, I gained 20 lbs with my daughter and only 16 lbs with my son, which I found baffling. Then I realized, duh, I'm not drinking anymore!!! My hubbys a wine distributor so we did our fair share of tasting and testing on a regular basis. After I gave birth and breastfed for a couple of months I was thinner than I was before I became pregnant. Now when I want to loose weight I just drop the alcohol (so fattening) and up the excercise.

MrsNewman
by Silver Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM
1 mom liked this

I think they use it as an excuse to stay fat, not to get fat. What your saying doesn't make since. 

jadsmummy
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM
That's if your obese your only supposed to gain 15 to 20 lbs if your of normal weight its closer to 30 lbs.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Um your suppose to gain weight when your pregnant!

Yes, 12-15 lbs. Not out of control and you are only supposed to consume 300 calories more then you usually take in.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nikabear
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM
I lost alot of weight with all three of my kids.....it really sucked because it made me high risk.....i had to gain the weight back that I had lost and then try to gain pregnancy weight........
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MANDYMEOWS
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:46 AM

I used it as an excuse to be fat and I loved it. lol

I lost all the weight during my baby's first year though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:47 AM
Quoting Mamie_85:

No, I'm just a woman who watches my figure and there is so many woman who use pregnancy as a platform and an excuse to let themselves go! I gained about 16 lbs with both pregnancies and gave birth to 2 healthy 8 lbs boys. And it took me 2 weeks to lose it. Pregnant does not mean handicapped!! Take your ass to the gym! Put down the Bon bons, and stop using the scooters at Walmart! Gezzzz
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Ahh so you are watching that segment this morning as well

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I think why in the hell do you think it's any of your concern?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured