Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Mothers use pregnancy as an excuse to gain weight!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Many women let themselves go during pregnancy and "eat for two". Do you think a lot of women use this an excuse to get fat? I do.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
krunchykorn
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I gained 44lbs and lost it in the first 3 weeks after DS was born. Pre Preg I was 105 and underweight by the end of my preg I was 149lbs and now im 127lbs.

its not about gain weight its about whether you chose to lose it or not.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Um your suppose to gain weight when your pregnant!

Yes, 12-15 lbs. Not out of control and you are only supposed to consume 300 calories more then you usually take in.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
HopesNDreams
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I have had radically different eating habits with all four pregnancies - from super healthy to super not healthy. With all four, I gained the same amount if weight. With all four, I gained ten pounds between 20 and 24 weeks. The only difference is that it is harder to get the weight off as I get older.

Women's bodies will do what they are going to do during pregnancy. Some women lose no matter what and some gain no matter what.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Quoting MrsNewman:

I think they use it as an excuse to stay fat, not to get fat. What your saying doesn't make since. 

If they were eating right and caring for their body while pregnant and not being lazy they wouldn't have got fat. They would have grown a healthy belly. That's all.
dipsetgrl06
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I gained 36lbs and wasn't "fat" I was all belly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
Oh judgmental rude one shut up!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Mamie_85:

No, I'm just a woman who watches my figure and there is so many woman who use pregnancy as a platform and an excuse to let themselves go! I gained about 16 lbs with both pregnancies and gave birth to 2 healthy 8 lbs boys. And it took me 2 weeks to lose it. Pregnant does not mean handicapped!! Take your ass to the gym! Put down the Bon bons, and stop using the scooters at Walmart! Gezzzz

ebbierowe
by Gold Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Your are suppoaed to gain 20-25 lbs if you are a normal healthy weight when you get pregnant....more if you are under weight, less if you are overweight

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting SassyLeigh:

Um your suppose to gain weight when your pregnant!

Yes, 12-15 lbs. Not out of control and you are only supposed to consume 300 calories more then you usually take in.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Quoting mommy_me:

Ahh so you are watching that segment this morning as well

As were you ;) lol I couldn't believe she felt the need to take back what she said! Stand by your statement!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting krunchykorn:

Exactly!

Also, 12-15 pounds has not been the weight gain standard since the 1960's (unless you are starting out obese). Typical women shound gain 25-35 pounds and underweight women should gain even more. There is no pride to be had by intentionally gaining too little.
CoolRelax
by Platinum Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:52 AM

Quoting Willis_Mommie:

no...in my case right now i would love to be gaining weight.with this pregnancy.but i am not...i am 26 weeks with twins

I had the same issue with my twin pregnancy.  The babies basically eat your food before you have a chance to get it.  You may want to try protein shakes, or add some ensure to your diet as well.  It was really hard for me to chow down, I'd be super hungry but about 4-5 bites in I was full.  All my internal organs were out of wack, lol. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM

I alwaay ate for two. but granted I always ate very healthy. But Ive always been extremly small like 98 prepregnancy, my drs never told me how much or how little I need to gain . Im not pregnant but breast feeding an I still eat for two though lol. But despite all the eating im never any bigger than a size 7 by the end of my pregnancys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)